Engine & Gearbox Pinkypinky pink?

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by gongoozler, Tuesday 18th Nov, 2014.

1. gongoozler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I noticed it a while back, maybe under load...a pinking sound occasionally. Now, a few months later it seems to be there most of the time, particularly at 60mph plus..even a little press of the pedal and it makes the pinking sound. I can detect no smoke from the back via the rear view mirror, but even so it's worry.
    I know this has come up before but has anyone reached a conclusion about what this pinking means??

2. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Try filling up with a premium fuel a couple of times and see if it goes away. All this bio/ethanol muck plays havoc with our motors!

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Diesel or Petrol car, please add your car to the garage it will make it easier to know which car you got.

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
  5. gongoozler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the replies, yes it's an oil-burner!
    I will try the posh fuel rather than the usual stuff and post again if no better....
    OK I will fill in some details too, sorry!

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    What's the latest @gongoozler ? Are you still having issues with pinking or did the premium fuel help ?

7. gongoozler Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ah yes, partner filled up with VIN-ordinaire, but trying the premier-cru over the holiday! Thanks for the interest!!