General playing music from a mobile phone.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wreckrat, Tuesday 27th Oct, 2015.

1. wreckrat Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Greetings,
    Has anyone any idea how to plug in a mobile phone into the Honda accord tourer 2009 so I can play you tube music thru the sound system? I thought there may be a jack plug somewhere but I can't find it and i'm not sure how to use the USB plug apart from the obvious USB stick use
    TA

2. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    You can plug your phone charger lead into the USB in the central glove box and your music should come up on the main sat nav screen

FirstHonda likes this.
  3. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Use a gromaudio kit.

4. wreckrat Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I tried this method and all that comes up on the screen is unsupported...I've even been into the phone menu still to no avail, I wonder ifnanyone has sctually done this?...

5. BadcarEurope New Member Getting Started

Poland Piotr Milicz
    What kind of smarphone do you have?

6. wreckrat Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Its a HTC one M8

7. BadcarEurope New Member Getting Started

Poland Piotr Milicz
    And on which screen you see "unsupported"? Cars or phones?

8. wreckrat Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

the one in the middle of the car...the radio one, I don't have sat nav just to point out.

9. BadcarEurope New Member Getting Started

Poland Piotr Milicz
    I never had problem with android phone... Try this solution. My friend had problem with this kind of connection and it worked. You have to "show" your radio that your phone is an USB, not a smartphone.
    - - - Updated - - -
    How to enable mass storage on android phones and tablet devices I don't know how to edit my post :Frown:

SpeedyGee likes this.
  10. wreckrat Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok, thanks for that last bit of info Badcar, done the usb debugging thing and still showing unsupported, I can't see anywhere on the HTC to enable USB mass storage....the quest goes on....

11. BadcarEurope New Member Getting Started

Poland Piotr Milicz
    SpeedyGee likes this.
  12. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    HTC firmwares have USB Audio streaming disabled (don't know why), tough not sure if this is the cause of your issue, if yes you will need a Google Edition pure firmware to make it work.

13. wreckrat Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for all the info guys, I have tried most of the above but still to no avail...hasten to add i'm not good with computery/techy things but I won't give in..ill find a way.

14. BadcarEurope New Member Getting Started

Poland Piotr Milicz
    Let us know what worked at the end :Smile: