ICE & HFT Please help:(

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by keef247, Wednesday 28th Nov, 2012.

1. keef247 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys, first post... Names keef, I'm from bournemouth...
    Just got a 2.0i VTEC accord on a 2000 plate.

Was loving it till last night when I finally got round to putting my stereo in and saw some idiot had cut off the original connectors all the way past where the harness joins....

So i'm pretty angry to put it politely and would like to rectify this by re-wiring it correctly... only I can't find a wiring diagram for what is what for a 2000 saloon uk model:Frown:

it's literally cut back to where the plastic tube covering is - you know the flexy plastic cable tidy piping they use? now i've just got a load of coloured wires none of which match anything I found similar online:Frown:

I can see 2 yellow and green ones, a black, yellow, brown, green or pale colour, 2 yellow and red ones, brown and yellow i think etc etc...
    it's a mess and i'm now gutted.

Also anyone got a link to a decent price for a wheel bearing I believe it's the front drivers side.

Any idea how much it will be to fit one?

cheers again.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Keef,

I think the easiest thing to do would be to go to a breakers yard and get a connector cut off from a 2.0i VTEC 2000 model year Accord.
    You can then solder that in joining wire for wire.

This way you get the wires correct and also endup with the original connector.

3. keef247 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi mate, was hoping I'd be able to avoid that if I could just get the diagram:Frown:

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

That's how I would have tackled the issue :Smile:.

IchibanAccord should be along soon, he's good at digging up diagrams and the like.

In the meantime, please do pop over to the "Introduce yourself" say a few words about yourself and your motor. It's good to get acquainted :Thumbup:

5. keef247 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cheers mate. yeah I've done that haha. fingers crossed IchibanAccord comes along and saves the day. I'm actually gutted someone would do this to an accord of all things!

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Keef I will dig something up later for you,if I forget my just send me reminders via PM please.

keef247 likes this.
  7. Brian100 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Keef, I come from Ringwood now living in Cyprus, I have just bought myself a Honda accord 1993-94 with the same problem, try this; Front left speaker Rd/Grn +, Brn/Bl -; Front right speaker, Blu/Grn +, Gry/Bl -; Rear left speaker, Blu/Yel +, Gry/Wh -; Rear right speaker, Rd/Yel +, Brn/Wh -, the rest will be live feed and earth and any auxelery such as electric aerial etc, I hope this may be of some help to as mine is a JDM (Japanese domestic model). By the way you can buy bullet connectors (male and female) to connect wires so if they are right first time round you can swap them around.

Last edited: Thursday 29th Nov, 2012
    keef247 likes this.
  8. keef247 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you mate that'd be legendary!
    I will try mate thank you.
    what's the rest though as neither have plugs on lol.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Keef could you take a picture of this wiring and the surrounding area just need to visualise where it is.

10. Brian100 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

you will obviouse need to know the colours of the radio and match them up with the colours of the car, do you have a plug for the radio?

11. keef247 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I will tomorrow in good light but it's pretty useless as multiple wires are same colours :Frown:

i do mate yes so that's no problem

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I still think the best way to sort this is to get Honda connectors from breakers yard and then get ISO convertors to connect to your head unit. It will cost a few quid but you will have peace of mind that all the wires are accounted for and correctly plumbed.

13. keef247 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

best i could do mate these are off my phone so appologises and this is the connector i got today at the scrapper. i have another that i've connected to the wiring in the car... headunit powers on just speakers don't work so i need to know exactly what wires goto what please as some like the red/yellow and green/yellow striped ones there are 2 of... also how do i stop the aerial going up when i turn the headunit on lolll!
    photo. photo2. photo3.

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Are you trying to put an original honda head unit back in or after market ?

If it's aftermarket, are you using a Honda connector to ISO conversion cable ?

15. keef247 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Aftermarket mate. I've got the harness adapter not an official one just got one from the scrapyard that was in an accord 2.0i 2001 plate (mines 2000) i also have another one of these connectors to join off a 99. couldn't find a 2000. all connected fine i just think one of the doubled up colours is wrong?

my headunit is a Pioneer 4300UB
    DEH-4300UB (Archived) - Pioneer UK

16. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Normally the speaker wiring colours have a paired pattern, for example solid white with a dash green line and a solid green with a dashed white line go together to make up the wires for one speaker.

Look for a pairing pattern for the speaker wires.

Does that make sense ?

17. keef247 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeah that's what i did mate. as i say there is 2 sets of pairs i.e. green with white to green with white and another of the same and same with the red with yellow... so there's 4 wires of each (obviously they're meant to be 2 it's where i'm joining them) if someone could get a wiring diagram I reckon I can do it as already got power...

18. Brian100 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Has the wire colours changed since 1993 -97 models for the audio? or is the JDM model differant again?

19. keef247 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

no idea wish someone knew i'm at my wits end here

20. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

So the problem is that you are stuck finding the speaker wires ?

Why don't you remove the panels and have a look at what colour wires are at the speakers.
    You should be able to see the parcel shelf speaker ones from inside the boot.

Ichiban likes this.