Service & Maintenance Policy of no oil/ filter change 1st service/1000klms

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Nikonandmac, Tuesday 26th Jun, 2012.

1. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Euro coming up for 1st service and was surprised general policy was merely a check-up. Suggestion being better oils and a greener footprint Not sure whether to change them or not as grew up believing it was the holy of holies. Dealer happy to oblige but didn't push the issue ...

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I do know why Honda in the Asia and Oceania regions have three quick succession checks. Whilst I was working for Honda in India the hot temperature played havoc with the dampers, air conditioner and engine oil consumption.

The Asian environment is so hostile to the cars it’s unbelievable how the cars work, Middle east Honda dealers have some strict service schedules.

Paul there is no point changing the 0w-20 oil in your engine that soon. 0w-20 is the perfect oil for running the engine in, talking about running your engine in how are you driving it?

I have used this technique on all my brand new cars and they are FAST Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power a lot of people disagree with this method but there is a knack to do it correctly.

3. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Interesting the article CJ , I reckon its pointless doing that on a diesel engine. :Whistle:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Pass Mike never owned a Diesel,can't see why it won't work on diesel but what the point when you people will just remap it .

5. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Very interesting,CJ. I remember a colleague swearing by this run-in method and his identical car DID feel quicker and somehow feel smoother. We're talking Ford Cortina company cars - you can imagine the fun we had. My accord now has close to 400klms on it so I guess there's no point driving it hard for this process. Yet the guy in the link suggests changing the oil and filter ... I'm confused, doomed to driving the slowest Euro in the southern hemisphere, even Nora's Hyundai Getz will outpace. :Sorry:

6. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

So will you be doing the run in method on your new 2.4 CJ???

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Oh yes,

But in all honest all new Honda have diamond honed bores and rings have have already bed in. Honda being engineering perfectionist it would need to be driven that hard. :Wink:

8. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Is 400klms too much to make a difference now?. Must admit I gave her a tickle this evening before a quick bath. I parked her away from trees but tiny flowers drifted onto the paintwork. When I blew on a couple I found they were STICKY! Straight home, wash and wax out - didn't even change out of the suit and tie! Lol.

9. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

First refuel. 9.67 klms per litre (driven like a cissy). Vortex $1.419/litre = 10 c over the cost of standard ulp.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    10kms/l is really good for a autobox Paul, lets see what I get out of beauty starting Monday.

can't wait.

11. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Let's see if your tyres last the week. :Smile: