Engine & Gearbox POOAF Fault aweek after Honda service!

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by stooby, Saturday 10th Aug, 2013.

1. stooby Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi folks,I'm after some info on a problem I have.Whilst out the power suddenly dropped and car had engine fault light on.Got out the AA who read the fault -P00AF-Turbo boost control module A performance.He reset the fault and off I went.A mile down the road same again.I only had the car serviced at Honda a week ago and want to know what the problem could be so when I contact the dealer for them to have a look I don't get a load of waffle.Any help will be most welcome.Car only has 28000 miles on clock.Its a 2.2 dtec 2009 model

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi and welcome sorry to hear about the sudden breakdown. Have a read of this http://hondakarma.com/threads/6113/

You may want the dealer to look at the car and see if all the ECU updates have been applied.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. stooby Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok, so far its been to the Honda garage and they said the EVR valve was no good.They changed this and said its ok.Few days later same again!.Back to Honda garage now they say it could be the turbo! Can this be right.After it failed the second time I left the car for Half hour and tried it and it worked fine apart from the fault light stays on.Used it as normal.The next day worked ok until the afternoon had a few loss of power which reset after turning off the car.Next day ok and when I drove it to the garage it was ok.If the turbo is no good how come it works ok.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ok speak to the Service manager and get them to log a call with Honda DTS for some assistance , swapping parts and hoping for the best is not ideal for you.

5. stooby Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok heres the latest.after two days of testing the turbo is no good.£1600+VAT.On a good note Honda have agreed to pay for all parts.I get to pay for the labour £150.Alas for me after these repairs I'm going to sell the car.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good luck with the sale buddy.