Electrical & Lights Poor Dip Beam

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Rick, Sunday 6th Jan, 2013.

1. Rick New Member Getting Started

Hi all,
    i have a 57 plate 2.2 diesel ex CR-V, i am extremely happy with the vehicle overall but the dip beam is like having a pair of candles for lights. Does anyone have a solution for this or do i just have to put up with it?

cheers
    Rick

2. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Rick
    Sounds like a problem somewhere, not sure what but sure someone on here will be able to suggest a possible fix. I have a 2009 CR-V. dipped beam works a treat lights up the road a much better than my last car (Unmentionable on here but German)

3. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Hi Rick, welcome along. As bowler said could be a problem somewhere, are they actually dim or badly aligned?? I run a 2008 CR-V and although not the best dip beam I have had, they are adequate.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Hey Rick, just noticed you're from Lincs too, we will soon have our own Lincolnshire CR-V club at this rate .:Wink:

Ichiban likes this.
  4. Rick New Member Getting Started

Hi Bowler, thanks for your reply. Does your 2009 model have the HID headlights? As mine does not.

Rick
    - - - Updated - - -
    Hi ezeetrucker, the alignment is fine, and lights passed MOT in November no problems. It seems that the projectors are a bit misty, i have upgraded the bulbs which have made things a bit better, but still not brilliant. Looks like I may have just put up with it.

cheers
    Rick

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    halogen are not renowned for their clarity. The only way to achieve better lighting is aftermarket HID's which is getting more riskier to do as they will crack down on it.

The best solution your next car get HID as standard , for the time being you will have to live with candles not the best or ideal situation.

6. Rick New Member Getting Started

Thanks for your response, you are correct candles are not the best solution but they are one I am prepared to accept as the rest of the car is so good. This is only the second Honda I have owned and they have both been brilliant to use.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  8. vzh7gk Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Graham Cheltenham
    I have them (or similar) on the Morgan - together with Cibie H180 headlamp shells. Make one heck of a difference (but then the originals were sealed beam units!).
    I hate HIDs - not to drive with, but from the aspect of oncoming traffic. As a sufferer from night myopia, oncoming headlights are difficult enough, HIDs are impossible to see beyond. Not too bad if driving the Land Rover (they weren't about when I used to drive HGV), but in an ordinary height car, an absolute nightmare. My MINI has them - hope I don't cause anyone problems when I drive it in the dark!

Cheers,
    Graham

9. Slimbaldy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Leeds
    Hi meguires headlight renovation kit is great for plastic headlights which are getting a bit tired. I did this along with new bulbs and had a noticeable difference. I see you have already changed your bulbs which is good ad they do deteriorate after time.