General Poor Response From Honda

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robbie, Thursday 31st Jan, 2013.

1. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I really need a side step for my new CR-V and I wrote to Honda to see if they had one available yet. The reply that I received from Honda Contact Centre was to contact my dealer, although I had stated in my original mail that I had done this. Contacted my dealer who informed me that as far as they were aware ther is no side step for the new CR-V. When I wrote again I got this reply.

Thank you for contacting Honda (UK).

Our dealers are the people that supply customers such as you with accessories and parts and their respective numbers. If they do not have any further information on the availability on this certain part then the best thing you can ask your dealer to do is to inform you once they know more. We are sorry we couldn't help any further.

If you have any further questions or enquiries please, do not hesitate to contact us again.
    [Kind Regards,
    Honda (UK) Contact Centre

It seems that this is just a call centre working to a script and has very little knowledge about Honda products. At least he could have said that none was available, if that is the case, instead of placing the onus on the dealer. Who can I contact who may be able to answer my query?

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Might be worth contacting Holdcroft Honda - at least you'll get a coherent answer/reply from them.

Very odd though that your dealer hasnt been more proactive to double-check about the CR-V sidesteps.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Honda Uk are correct this is question for a dealership. Which dealer did you ask ? You could try asking a different dealership, try Holdcroft Honda.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

IIRC CJ already answered that there is no side step for new CR-V at the moment.
    Might be worth contacting different dealer to enquire is there any plans in the future for it.
    If enough customers give feedback they want or need one Honda might make one.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    http://hondakarma.com/threads/3357/

Honda -Access in Beligum will designing this side step if there is a demand for it , just one owners requesting will not be suficent for them to do it. As indicated if this is made and it interfears with other genuine accessories like the down spot lights then the chances of it ever being made are slim.

Its the same for LKAS accord who cannot have the sport grill fitted due to the CMBS radar. Robbie you just have to be pateint or wait for an aftermarket soultion.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  6. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    The dealer can only rely on the information given by Honda on their system, and these are not always updated in a timely fashion. I have every faith in my dealer who always responds promptly to any query and he informed me that there was no side step available for the new CR-V according to the system. I really need to speak to a technical support person rather than a call centre who seem to know very little and won't refer you to another department. Unfortunately, Honda only supply a customer contact number and email address. I did speak to someone at Honda when I first got my car, and she put me on to somebody else who told me they might be providing one, but there was none available as yet. I contacted them again in the hope one might now be at hand but have just hit a brick wall. The Contact Centre seemingly won't interact with another section

- - - Updated - - -

I 'phoned Honda main switchboard this afternoon, but they would only put me through to the Contact Centre, and not anyone in technical department when I said I was a customer. Anyway, I was put through to a very charming young lady - at least she sounded young - who didn't have a clue about anything, but said she would find out and get back to me within three days. So, a result of sorts.

Pity they don't have a technical helpline for customers. I used to be a Vauxhall fan years ago, and they had an excellent technical support line for customers. However, it's quite possible they have gone the way of most companies and use a call centre.

Last edited: Thursday 31st Jan, 2013
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Robbie you will find in majority of he cases its the other way round, Honda has one of the most comprehensive and up to data information extranet. over the years I have seen this repeatedly where dealership staff do bother reading and make themselves familiar with all sorts of relevant information.

Its a shame when customers have to tell them here is the article and date it was posted .. their faces are a picture when they find out the customer knows more than them. :nea:

If your contact your service manager they can can initiate a request with DTS Dealer technical services they are not customer facing and they have to be initiated by the dealer. In all fairness you will not get a response from them either as it not a technical issue... its an accessory related question. Honda Access does all the centralised decision making for accessories for the whole of Europe, there will be someone who will respond your question.

Put your suggestion for this accessory to

Honda Europe NV-- Honda Access
    Langerbruggestraat 104
    9000 Gent
    Belgium
    Tel. + 32 (0)9 250.12.11.

keep us posted.
    :Wink:

8. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Ichiban,
    This is wrong information.
    - In HE, Gent there's (mainly) a logistic centre. Accessories: they do manage the logistics of motorcycle accessories and car accessories (warehouse operations) Honda Europe - Gent
    - They do not have a customer help line. They do have one for dealers (only parts and MC accessories related).
    - There's is no European contact centre for end customers
    - Car accessories (Honda Access, HACE) is in Aalst (Belgium), but as far as I know, they do not have an end customer helpline nether.

The correct route for getting information about car accessories is:
    1) dealership
    2) HUK (in case of UK) or local Honda distributor (Honda Belgium, Honda France, etc...)

9. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I have actually sent an e.mail to Honda Belgium but I did ask them to forward it to the relevant department if it was not correct. I haven't had a reply to my request last Thursday, but I guess the three days refers to business days. I'll ask my dealer to contact them on my behalf if I don't hear anything.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks for the correction buddy, its a bit more accurate information for Robbie to work off than what we have at the moment.

11. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    your on the right site to find out when sidesteps come out my friend. ime sure sidesteps will be developed in the near future as they were a popular option on the previous CR-V. the more people that voice there opinion like yourself the quicker they will be on sale. honda are not a fault here though, i believe they have been as helpfull as they can. simple truth being there is no sidesteps avaliable at this time. i have a feeling though you could retro fit the previous models sidestep to the current if time is such an issue. you may loose the cost of a set of steps though if they caunt be fitted.

12. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Why don't you just buy the running boards (08L33-T1G-601)?

They're basically the same thing.

13. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    They are not. The running board does not have a step for the driver or front seat passenger. Would be fine if I were a back seat driver.:Rolf:

- - - Updated - - -

Had a 'phone call from my dealer this afternoon with a garbled message about side protectors that they had received from Honda Contact Centre. Patienly explained my problem and 'phoned Honda myself. Original person was on the other line so I just said that I wanted a side step and was this possible. She 'phoned me later to say that she had spoken to the person who deals with accessories and none was available for the present model. She will relay my comments about the need for a side step. I mentioned the fact that a Chines company can supply one, and would it be possible to modify the side step from the previous model? I hung on whilst she spoke to the accessories people who said it was not possible, and fitting an aftermarket product would invalidate my warranty.

Last edited: Monday 4th Feb, 2013
  14. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

So you actually need the functionality of the steps rather than the asthetics?

There are plenty of non gen options available with a simple google search.