Engine & Gearbox Popping out of 1st gear.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by si_d_2003, Friday 27th Jun, 2014.

1. si_d_2003 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey guys can anyone shed any light on this problem? I have a 2007 diesel accord which pops out of 1st gear probably 2 out of 10 times. I saw on Honest John website that there was reports of this problem: Honda Accord 2003 - Car Review | Honest John
    Scroll down and you will find: Problem of 2006MY 6 speed manual boxes on diesels jumping out of 1st gear. Modification available from Honda, but parts on back order in March 2007.
    I cannot for the life of me get any info out of the dealers as they don't know about this or heard anything out the modification.
    Does anyone have any more info or suggestions that I can try.
    Thanks

Simon

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No known tranny faults known to exist on the facelift to call it a widespread problem , but as the MTF every been changed on your car? What the mileage you got on now?

TBH a pooping out gear , means a gearbox strip and rebuild or replace the gearbox.

3. si_d_2003 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

its got 94,000.
    Just another thing the misses rang saying clutch pedals broke, bearing in mind I changed the clutch master 6 months ago. I looked at it and the plate attached to the m/cylinder has 3 bolts in. One has sheared the head off and has now dropped all the fluid. I'm changing it under warranty from allparts and its a blue print one. Any problems with excessive pressure on these or is it just a one off chance its faulty? or is it because its not a honda part?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Clutch pedal broke :Messed:never seen that before. 94000 miles for synchros to go on a gearbox is not heard off but if the car had a tough time , towing sheds or abuse then it will break..

can't say if the CMC between the petrol and diesel are diffrent but if it was the genuine stuff can see a that just snapping like that as natural wear and tear. Bizarre one that