Introductions Possible new honda owner. Help please

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by crash bandicoot, Thursday 31st Jul, 2014.

1. crash bandicoot Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Crash
    Hi, I've been offered a swap for my 4th Generation supra...
    I've been offered a 2000 honda torneo euro r CL1, in white, looks to be in really good condition, engine is nice a shiny and looks to have some aftermarket bits on.
    It Milage is 70,000.
    I've tried researching this car but can only seem to find them in newzealand :/
    I guess they are few and far in the uk?
    What am I looking at value wise?

2. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello Crash. Welcome to HK. :welcome:

Sorry I can't help with that one other than to say I would love a Euro R someday - even just to see one in the flesh.

However you've come to the right place - this is the font of Honda knowledge so hopefully we can help you answer your questions.

Sounds good from your description though.

3. crash bandicoot Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Crash
    Thanks for the warm welcome :Smile:
    I'm worried that I'm going to loose out on the deal, well I'll be loosing money no matter what as the supra isn't complete but it owes me close to £10k (in the last year) and he says his is worth £7k and he's putting some money on top. So wanted to double check on here the value. I'll try adding some pictures...

image. image. image. image. image.

4. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks a nice car I don't know what there worth tho hopefully someone will know

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome Crash.
    The CL1 looks to be in great condition. I don't know the current price of them. Generally, a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. :Unknown:
    Have you had a test drive ?
    How is she running ?
    How does she handle ?
    Are you ready to/want to change?

6. crash bandicoot Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Crash
    We're in the middle of sorting out a viewing day to look at each others cars. So I will report back when I've seen it and driven it :Smile: still would like a guesstimate on value if anyone here knows...

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Some of the guys that may know are away/holiday etc.
    You may get an answer over the weekend/next week ?

8. crash bandicoot Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Crash
    That would be good. I've literally put my heart and soul into the supra over the past year but now getting a house ECT doesn't warrant the fuel money for a 500+ BHP supra.... And the money I get ontop of his honda will help out with the deposit etc.

9. crash bandicoot Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Crash
    Are these guys that may know the value back off holiday yet?

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I'll check for you...

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Hey @crash bandicoot, don't ask me how but I completely missed this thread.

Stock the Euro-R is around £1,800-2,400 to me at that mileage, it might be an import which is rare in the UK, but it's really an inferior car to our UKDM Type-R - which in itself I'd put at just a couple of hundred more.

Do you have a full list of the modifications? From the images it looks like I/H/E, then some basics like wheels, strut bar, paint - I honestly can't see how the car is worth more than about £3,000-5,000. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's spent perhaps up to £3k on modifications, but as I'm sure as you know that never comes back in the resale value.

If you've put £10k into your Supra lately, you're the one getting the bad deal there. I'm personally say Supra for the Euro-R + £2-4k.

I could be missing something here and there's a ton of engine work which would bring up the value, but on the face of it - you'd seriously be getting the bum deal.

12. crash bandicoot Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Crash
    Thanks a lot for the heads up, I'll have a chat with the owner and find out exactly what's been done and how he values it at £7k. Helpful group of people, I love you all!

13. crash bandicoot Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Crash
    Here's a few more pics

image. image. image.

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 4th Aug, 2014
    John Dickson and DeviateDefiant like this.
  14. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to the club buddy. A big decision I presume under the bonnet of your supra looks along the same lines as the CL1 to be honest I would say £7k for a W reg car is a lot of money even though it looks like its had a lot of work done to it yes it looks good but is it really worth it???
    You said you've spent £10k on the supra does that mean that its worth face value plus that £10k??? Or would you just ask over the price because of what you have spent on it. What you spend doesn't always add to the value of the car.... Or am I just being an old man talking rubbish???

15. crash bandicoot Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Crash
    I'd take £7500 cash for my supra, and that would be lowest. There's a similar CL1 torneo on Gumtree in red but has 140,000 odd miles compared to the one with 70,000 I've been offered and that's up for about £2,600... I'm not thinking the white one I've been offered is a good deal to be honest :/

16. crash bandicoot Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Crash
    That's the red one on Gumtree, and a couple pics of my supras engine bay

image. image. image.

17. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That's a beautiful looking engine. Very well looked after.

crash bandicoot likes this.
  18. Filipa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales Filipa Wrexham
    Welcome! :Grin: