Electrical & Lights Possible to re-programme key fob?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Staddly, Thursday 11th Apr, 2013.

1. Staddly Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all, as per title, is it possible to re-programme the key fobs, without spending stupid money? Mine seems to be set to 'press once for drivers door' and press twice for all 4 doors'. Trouble is it is a PITA when the kids are in tow most of the time as I either press it too fast or not fast enough so it doesn't register and they are stood in the rain yanking on the handless!!
    Cheers, Staddly

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As far as I am aware, I don't think you can reprogramme the buttons so that all the locks open if you press the key fob once.

Like you, I have young kids and it is a bit of a hassle now and then, but seriously, pressing it twice is not the end of the world, is it?

3. Staddly Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am going to swear and say, coming from a BMW to a Honda, it's little things like this that are noticeably annoying

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

LOL

Conversely, I'd argue from a safety point of view that the BMW style is less secure, say in the event of a possible multi-person car-jacking etc. Both have pro's/con's but Honda is not the only car maker with this method and I tend to agree with it.

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Staddly Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mehh....I'll get used to it I suppose.:Smile:

Not many multi person hijacking down my way!

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lets hope no one gets car jacked, but seriously, pressing a button twice in relatively quick succession is such a trivial thing!

7. Staddly Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Like I said, coming from a BMW I am so lazy I am finding having to use my indicators is a strain!!:lol:

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You should have left your BMW habits in that car and started afresh with no quibbles!

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Staddly Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My conversion from the dark side is almost complete.......

10. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Accord does also lack auto locking at 10 mph or so

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    So ? Its Japanese car not European why should they copy them..

12. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Its quite a useful feature, especially with a baby in the car, also stops toerags opening your boot at lights and nicking things.

Think its on the Acura TSX but not the Accord. Even my wife's Ibiza has it.

13. Tadpaul Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

and don't leave your finger on the button after the second press, all the windows will start to come down.
    I thought mine was broke, untill I was informed on here, it is a design feature. :Happy:

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Dude quit whinging !!

The flip side of this auto locking system is that if your car suddenly caught fire you better pray to god that electrics are still working and that you can actually open the locks that closed !!

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You need to reconsider which (Honda)forum you are on bud..this constant whinge moan swipes at Honda is just wearing everyone patience.

16. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I enjoy this forum CJ, and I thank you for creating it.

I don't consider my statement about the auto locking to be a whinge. The Accord is a £24k car it should have these features.

The blinkered attitude that everything Honda does is brilliant is exactly the reason why the company isnt selling enough cars at the moment.

Its your forum, if you don't want me as a member then ban me, but I think I've contributed a lot over the last 6 months.

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Richsprint

I hear what your saying and take your point but its how you say things rather than what you say... enough said really!

18. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cheers CJ, appreciate your understanding.

Don't get me wrong, I think Honda are great, they make some of the best petrol engines ever. Just want them to get back on track.

I was introduced to Hondas in the 90s via the Honda engined Rovers. My Dad had an 825 and 827 with the Honda V6 a great engine.

19. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Rich does a car really need an auto lock feature.
    I think it takes me all of 0.1 seconds to press the lock button myself.

20. Jay2512 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Walsall
    A cheap solution to stop a double press is to fit an after market alarm or similar module that has a double impulse output. That way one press would get you in! But trade off is carrying yet another remote.

If your keeping the car for many years fit a key less entry/start kit, no more pressing buttons.