Engine & Gearbox Power Jolt

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Navrig, Wednesday 23rd Dec, 2015.

1. Navrig Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom GB
    I have a 2015 1.6 DTEC 2WD model CR-V with the 6 speed manual gear box. I can't remember the trim designation!!

Both my wife and I have noticed that when in a high gear (5th or 6th) we occasionally feel that there is a sudden and a very short loss of power. It lasts for the briefest of moments (less than a second) and we both described as similar to the change in gear when driving an auto-gearbox. It just ever so slightly jolts, there is no high revving, no rush of power just a jolt. There is no real evidence of a loss of power just a small jolt.

Is this a known issue, has anyone else experienced it?

Mileage is about 11k.

Otherwise it runs nice and smoothly with no other issues (other than bluetooth dropping my phone but that's another post).

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Could it be your engine revs are so low and you put that into high gear and your engine is labouring? Does not do that if you were in 4th a bit longer.

Diesel don't like being on higher gears when engine revs are low and especially when you are decelerating in top gear.

3. Navrig Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom GB
    No, definitely not a labouring engine. This happens at dual carriageway speed.

4. Explorador Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Spain Javier Cádiz
    As I've read in ithers forums,it's about EGR valve..in an specific range of RPM's/speed/gear combination,you can make it a little bit crazy opening/closing.
    It's been reported by many users here in Spain.

Navrig likes this.
  5. Navrig Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom GB
    Thanks, I'll investigate.

It's not a major issue as it doesn't affect driving performance although I don't know if it affect fuel performance. Does it cause long term damage?

6. Explorador Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Spain Javier Cádiz
    Uppsss..I really don't know.
    I guess it doesn't.Not a very good sensation when you lose power but I doubt it's bad for anything.
    I've read that if you accelerate harder you won't suffer it,closes the valve and solved.

Navrig likes this.