General Power Steering Moans or Whines During Cold Start-Up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DieselPower, Thursday 28th Mar, 2013.

1. DieselPower Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The link below points to a service bulletin for noisy power steering pumps. The fix involves buying a new O-Ring. Could save you from having to buy a whole pump!

The part number in the bulletin is P/N 91345-RDA-A01, however, my UK Honda dealer cannot find this on his computer. The new part is a red O-ring which cannot be purchased in the UK (from what I can see), you have replace it with the same part number.

The Uk part number is 91345-PAA-A01 O-RING, 13.0X1.9:

Part details:
    Service Bulletin:
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...3YJ9fT4Q62Yp2xAhw&sig2=TqEWH8UYtKUVDehvCeRc-Q

video showing installation

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. DieselPower Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

How the hell did you suss that out:Blink:! Thanks for the tip, I've updated my post with correct number.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    3.0 VTEC .. nice !

One thing I noticed though, the guy didn't mention bleeding the air out of the system.

With idle under 1000 RPM, let the engine run until there are no bubbles appearing in resevoir.
    When the bubbles stop, slowly turn the steering lock to lock, repeat 2 or 3 times. You preferably want to do this with both wheels off the ground.

5. DieselPower Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I noticed that too. I guess manufacturers "Americanise" their engine line-up. It's probably got the same BHP as some monstrous 5ltr Ford engine.

I've ordered the part using the new number. Spent £140 on fluids and filters at the dealer. Parts guy was good, I told him I do all my own work and he gave me a trade discount..bonus!