Electrical & Lights Power Tailgate Problem - Not working from remote

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by neillans, Sunday 18th Aug, 2013.

1. neillans New Member Getting Started

Hi folks,

I've got a 57 Plate Accord I-CTDI Tourer, and havent had any problems until recently ...

The drivers side window switch broke - which wasn't too much of a hassle to replace, but since I did that I hit two problems.
    The first was that the central locking (remote only) ceased to work - the key in the door worked fine. A quick recode of the keys and that was sorted no problem.

The next snag is more persistent. The remote refuses to open the boot. But the button in the car works a treat, and can open AND close the boot - so I'm assuming the tailgate electronics are all ok, and it's just the remote has lost the code. The problem here is while I can find instructions to resync the central locking, I can't find anything to do the same for the tailgate.

I've tried doing the usual reset tricks (removing the fuses and disconnecting the battery, no joy).

Any suggestions?

Andy

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Andy,

Since your internal tailgate button is working you could still use the button on the tailgate to shut the tailgate. so you can operate without the need to the fob. However the fob need to be looked at can you split the keyfob and see if any dust and debris is stopping the tailgate button from being pressed in.
    Additionally change the battery in the fob replacement battery is CR1616.

report back what happened.

3. neillans New Member Getting Started

Thanks for the quick reply :Smile:

I split one of the fobs (neither behaving), cleaned and replaced the battery today - no change unfortunately :Frown:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Then you may have a faulty fob button for the tailgate and will need a new circuit board for the fobs and buttons and re-coding.

5. neillans New Member Getting Started

Cheers mate - will have a chat with the dealers and see if I can rustle up another key to try.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds