Suspension, Steering and Brakes PowerSteering Fluid : 2002

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by earl, Tuesday 15th Oct, 2013.

1. earl Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Was away in the weekend and noticed the PS was below minimum! - it was a Sunday so I ended up buying some PS fluid from ASDA. Is this compatible with the honda stuff? Do I need to flush it out?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    post a picture of the ASDA PS fluid, I suspect it won't be compatible.

3. earl Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well if you look at the 6th Generation accord workshop manual or approved lubricants list and list of specifications those standards as per your fluid are not listed.

So its not approved bud.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This is what it says on the back of the Honda power steering fluid bottle.

image.

6. earl Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So I guess i should get it flushed. Why can't all companies settle on a standard fluid. Surely power steering is power steering - well the the seals at least.

7. Honey Badger Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Richie Northants
    The Honda stuff isn't expensive IMHO

Genuine Honda Power Steering Fluid 1 Litre [0828499902HE]

£11.62 and you should have enough for years unless you have a leak somewhere, you can probably get your local Honda Dealer to price match it to save delivery costs, saves having to flush the system, unless someones used cheaper fluid already.

8. earl Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The price of the Honda PSF is not the issue - just the comparability. As its not compatible with anything, I'm now have to pay to flush the system....