Listing Ended Pre-Facelift Accord Type-R Limited Edition

Discussion in 'eBay Links' started by DeviateDefiant, Wednesday 12th Mar, 2014.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Thought I'd post this here to give our members an opportunity. Would be great to see this snapped up by a dedicated ethusiast and preserved for the future. I'd be doing it myself if I had the funds to spare at the moment.

The "Limited Edition" Accord Type-R, with full leather interior. Apparently this was an ex-Demo car from Honda.

$_58.JPG $_582.JPG $_583.JPG $_584.JPG

The price tag is high, but she's worth it.

Source: eBay

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Ahh If only ...!!

3. royalblue Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

damm that is one tasty car!

4. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    My boss used to own one of those, great bit of kit.

5. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

wow - she a minter.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I had many ideas going through my head of how to fund buying this one, though I would have only bitten if a few quid was knocked off the top. Leather Type-R's are insanely rare.

7. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yeah, that's only the second one Type-R accord I have ever seen with leather interior - the first one I saw I thought it was an after market upgrade butlater found out it was a rare OEM upgrade.

Would love to own an accord Type-R but I do love my Prelude
    but If I did it would be that one

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Agreed, EK9, CH1 and the AP2 are 3 cars I'd consider as a fun project. For me the Accord has the perfect balance of power and luxury, but I definitely want to build up a more edge of the seat Honda at some point :Smile:

9. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Haha. I would love an AP2. More specifically the GT model with the hard top in black. Ooooh... Theres no harm in dreaming - lol
    I have a soft spot for an Integra DA and the old skool CR-X (not the Del Sol)
    The EK9 is an epic car for its time. So much power squeezed form its 1.6 litre twin cam B16 engine.

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

You put the nail on the head there mate, hard-top GT (Silverstone Silver for me though). Yeah I love the 1st Generation CR-X as well, saw one not long back in black I was so tempted to buy and chunk the K24 I have on my old Accord into.

If I were buying an EK9, I'd be doing a proper K-Swap into it. With the weight of that chassis I'd imagine she'd be a death trap.

11. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Haha. Yeah. Crikey. K20 EK9. That would be something.
    Even the idea of the K24 and the CR-X. I don't think anyone has tried that one.
    But the S2000 would be a car I would like to upgrade too from the Prelude. Not sure I could live with the higher road tax on the facelift though

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yeah the tax price is quite insane to be honest, I love the hands on build of doing a K-Swap though my skills certainly aren't all there yet. There's been quite a few K24 CR-X builds in the states, but haven't come across any this side of the pond yet.