Show Us Your Car Pre-facelift Front Grill all blacked out mod.

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by black-hawk, Thursday 20th Dec, 2012.

1. black-hawk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well, the side skirts arrived on tuesday afternoon and to be honest they were in a shocking state with scuffs and gauges the full length of both of them (I think the donor car had been through a wall) and at over £300 I paid to much, so got them preped and painted yesterday and they came up like new, having already sorted the spoiler I decided to come in to work early this morning to get them fitted so at 03:50am I was on the road, so now the Gt kit was on i decided to have a play about with my least favorite part of the car, the grille, I was going to colour code it but wasn't sure how to remove the grille without breaking it, so without spending to much time I instead went for carbon wrap on the Chrome bits and a satin black on the outer surround, I thinly the car looks the dogs now and even the amber sections in the lamps work without the Chrome giving it a retro JDM look so I won't be de-tangoing just yet, now the wheels, I was going to replace them but I think for now I'll just do a colour change to anthrasite and see how it looks before going for 18s, but for now I'm well happy.

Before:
    IMAG0864_zps8de74a68.

After, spoiler:

IMAG0867_zps0fed1cdd.
    Grille:

IMAG0870_zps952d4107.

Wrapped inserts:

IMAG0872_zps69e51807.

Love it,

IMAG0873_zps334c5417.

IMAG0875_zps7d33b394.

IMAG0874_zpsa3a342a3.

Last edited: Thursday 20th Dec, 2012
    brock and Ichiban like this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's looking cool. Like the way the Honda badge really stands out now.

Last edited: Thursday 20th Dec, 2012
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I hate when you pay for something and it completely the opposite to what is described. Looking forward to you DIY thread

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hate to say it buddy but I warned you about buying second hand skirts when a few quid more would have gotten you painted/fitted/NEW parts at HH.

Looking forward to the pics as well.

5. black-hawk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know, But i saved £200 on HH's price on the skirts alone by DIYing it, and the front spoiler cost £40 fitted, pic's added.

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Fantastic pics mate :Smile:

Fancy doing mine?

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Very nice.Love the grill,looks much better then chrome.

Ichiban likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yup totally agree.I would have personally removed the grill from the car for painting to get a better coverage. With masking the front end it would be the same time not to mention the over spray which will fall on the unmasked area.

Black-hawk :GoodJob: bud.

9. black-hawk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah, did plan to remove the grille and colour code it, couldn't work out how the lower part of the grille was held and i was running our of time so just wrapped and satin blacked instead, wasnt to bothered about celulose overspray as I intend to carry out a full paint correction in the near future.

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think the grill is just clipped onto the bumper.

If you take the retainer clips off the top and wiggle the grill forwards it should unclip itself from bumper.

Can someone confirm that please.

11. narcosis Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I was sceptical but it looks good :Thumbup:

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    First you remove the top slam cover aka radiator cover , then at the bottom of the grill is held on to the bumper by plastic clips.

Front Grille Replacement from bumper.JPG

Remove the front grille (A).
    -1. Remove the screws and the clips.
    -2. Release the hooks (B) of the grille from the front bumper (C), and release the ribs (D) of the grille from the groove (E) of the bumper by pulling the grille out.

The stock sliver trim around the grille can be removed by removing the twelve screws.

Front Grille Replacement.JPG

13. black-hawk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Great, thanks for that, nice to know for next time.

Ichiban likes this.
  14. Rakoribs Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Very nice looking mod m8. Enjoy.
    Cheers, Mark.