Facelift Model Pre-facelift vs Facelift in terms of road noise and ride

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Amused, Friday 24th May, 2013.

1. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I wonder if there is noticeable difference in terms of road noise and ride quality (firmness) between the pre-facelift and facelift models.

I know Honda added more sound insulation into the floor and dashboard, as well as thicker glass in the windows. The suspension was also revised to feel more 'European'.

Has anyone made a direct comparison?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Never owned a prefacelift and a facelift at the same time to make a direct comparison,but I wold say the brief times I have driven the prefacelift petrol Accords the road noise was substantial when compared to my 8th Generation.

Honda alo changed the wheel bearing designs on the facelift for lower rolling resistance , which I can vouch for as there is hardly any resistance when you shut the throttle off in city driving conditions.

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    You could always stick some cheap rubber mats under your good ones to help reduce road noise?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup that work wonders !

5. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    I know not significant, but tyres also make a difference esp if something is wrong with them e.g. balancing, budget tyres, radial wear etc, which I am experiencing right now with my prefacelift.

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    It was you I got it from! :Tongue:

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

CJ, I meant prefacefilt 8th Generation (2008-2011) vs facelift 8th Generation (2011-2013)

When they did the facelift in 2011 they added more sound insulation to the floor and dashboard, as well thicker windows for rear passengers. They also revised the suspension to make it more "European". At least that's what they said in their press release...

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I was referring to the same bud.

9. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oops, ok.. Sorry, misunderstanding. So your 8th Generation is the facelift model (2011-2013)?

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yes it is with ADAS http://hondakarma.com/threads/1686/

Its going to be a year on the 2nd of July for my car so far its the Best Honda car available in the country, the new CR-V takes the crown in number of gadgets and toys, but driving experience and speed of the vehicle is sublime.

I don't see amy 2.4 Accord at all infact never seen one around my way, so feel pretty happy no one else has it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014