pre owned Jazz

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2007-2015)' started by Silverback, Monday 8th Feb, 2016.

1. Silverback New Member Getting Started

England Clive Maidenhead
    Hi
    As a new member who has joined today I would like some members advice.
    I have just purchased a low mileage pre-owned V-TEC ES CVT which I collect on this coming Thursday.
    I just wondered what I should look for re day to day running, tyre wear, ( subjective I know) any long term problems with the model etc.

I've always liked the Jazz and am looking forward to driving the car.
    Thanks

FirstHonda likes this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi welcome to Honda Karma @Silverback :Hey:

Never driven a Jazz CVT before so sorry I can't advice on that.

Hopefully other members will be along soon to advise you.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    CVT are progressive climbers they don't like to anything quickly if they do they whine a lot ,However if you master the torque curve of your 1.4 engine you can make fast progress as the CVT compliments that small brisk movement of the throttle.

So set off slowly let the engine torque climb up and you will see linear smooth power delivery ,if you need sudden boost drop in S without press the chrome button and you will see the RPM increase by 600 RPM and you can make that burst whilst maintaining that linear power delivery, then drop back to D. :Wink:

I loved the CVT on the Jazz IMHO they are faster than the manual drives in the mid range as the car does not lose momentum whilst delivery higher MPG than the manual car. What is there not to like, draw back is you get no where quicker as it slow...:depressed:

FirstHonda likes this.
  4. Bomber209 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Lanky Aberdeen
    Hi as Ichiban says take it steady. Don't try to drag away from traffic lights etc. Do make sure you get the CVT box oil changes done and it's up to date. Make sure the service record is signed up. My wife drives ours and loves it (it's Hybrid) and passes petrol stations no problem.

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I regularly got 56-60MPG out my Hybrid Jazz and yes CVT fluid changes must happen every two years or 25K miles. I on the other hand regardless what mileage I would change it every year. It is very vital for a healthy car, a small fact for you if you were not aware there is a CVT oil change reminder on the dash separate from the SvRS option which is good.

6. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    +1 on the CVT maintance currently own a gd1 Fit and previously a CVT Mobilio, keep the fluid changed on schedule or sooner with Honda CVT only.

Just to add a few other transmission saving thoughts, it can take a moment to engage when selecting reverse or drive when cold in particular so don't accelerate till the car starts 'creeping'. Also the usual thing with all auto transmissions don't shift into drive while still moving, backward in particular. If it picks up a judder when moving off from a stop get the fluid changed/flushed ASAP.

Hope it does well for you.

7. Silverback New Member Getting Started

England Clive Maidenhead
    Thank you Guys.
    Particularly the tips on changing the auto oil. Looking forward to picking up the car this afternoon.