General Pre-Reg 2WD CR-V

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sprockutt, Tuesday 12th May, 2015.

1. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    My Mother-In-Law was looking for a new SUV type car after owning a Skoda Yeti then making the mistake of downsizing to a Dacia Sandero Stepway. I spotted a pre-reg'd 2.0 S 2WD CR-V in metallic paint with 10 miles in the clock in my local dealers for £18k. She promptly went down and after a wee bit of haggling bought the car with dealer fitted reversing sensors, tax and Honda car mats throughout.

It really is a lot of car for the money and given they usually get bored with cars and change every 18 months or so. It will most likely be our next family car if we can resist the temptation of the new HR-V when it makes an appearance. My wife and I took it for a drive and were very impressed. It drives effortlessly and is HUGE inside compared to our Yeti. It won't be the cheapest car to run but my wife only does around 6500-7000 miles a year anyway so no big deal.

FirstHonda and SpeedyGee like this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's a great deal you got !

Look forward to seeing it.

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

A great choice. Just make sure she keeps it nice and clean for you :Laughing:

You should take some photos and add it to your garage under the "family members" car tag.

My experience with the 2.0 litre petrol is that it is VERY smooth and quiet, with adequate performance. The CR-V is a very spacious and comfortable beast too, and drives more like a "normal" car than an SUV. Good choice on the parking sensors, I can't image trying to park one without!

Sprockutt likes this.
  4. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    It's me that will be doing the cleaning to make sure it's kept in tip top condition :Grin:
    Thanks for letting me know about the 'family members' car tag. I'll take some pics and get it added :Thumbup:

FirstHonda likes this.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

That was a smashing deal @Sprockutt. Looking forward to the garage entry.
    There are quite a few pre-registered vehicles on the Honda site, just in case anyone else is after one,

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ There certainly are a lot of 2014MY available, but a word of caution if you are considering one...

...the dealer prices are VERY variable. There are EX grade cars available cheaper than SEs, and some with delivery mileage cheaper than those with 3-4k miles. So, my advice - as with all such big purchases - is to shop around, and haggle hard, as there are clearly bargains to be had. :Grin:

Couple of examples:

SR Navi 1,500 miles @ £23,999
    Vehicle View - Honda CR-V 2.0 i-VTEC SR 5-Door Sat Nav Model - Tyne Wear

SE, no navigation, 1,500 miles @ £24,000
    Vehicle View - Honda CR-V 2.0 i-VTEC SE 5-Door - Southampton

EX, 50 miles @ £25,990
    Vehicle View - Honda CR-V 2.0 i-VTEC EX 5-Door - Stratford-Upon Avon

^^ There are PLENTY of others available too, those are just a few examples. Be careful out there...!

Not just at Honda dealers either - Motorpoint have a brand new (pre-reg, delivery miles) EX at £23,999

Used or Nearly New Honda CR-V 2.0 i-VTEC EX 5dr Auto White for sale in Derby | Motorpoint

Last edited: Tuesday 26th May, 2015
    Sprockutt likes this.