Facelift Model Pre-registered 8th Generation...cheapest I've seen!

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by FirstHonda, Friday 4th Oct, 2013.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    wow that is a massive discount..

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Hopefully of use to somebody on here - a great deal waiting to be had for a great car...:Thumbup:

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

More concerning is that it won't do Accords residuals any favours when prices are that low.

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Agree. Hopefully it won't become a trend, but that is the likely position if we are about to enter (or have entered) the run out period.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That the dealer being desperate to offload , one car hardly going to be the defining factor for residual 8th Generation Accord values.

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

....an avalanche starts with a single snowflake....

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    baah no evidence of that mate.

9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

7th Generation values seem to have held up for good cars, even now. There will be a period during run out where deals may cause 8th Generation values to suffer, but they should stabilise again after 6-9 months I would have thought.

This is just a car that the dealer clearly needs to shift - and presents a great opportunity for somebody!

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    7th Generation petrol prices are really strong where the I-CTDI are extremely poor well why would you buy a car which guaranteed to give you bother.

Time to dicth the 7th Generation diesel TBH.it need to go the more of the left will ruins Honda reputaltion for those first time Honda owners coming to Honda looking for it legendary realibility..

In my opinion I-CTDI has already made people wary of Honda diesels and the longer these I-CTDI are out there the more long term damage they will do.

11. earthsciencer1 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Bob Wetherby
    Absolutely spot-on observation!

I bought my 8th Generation last December and it was a similar car to the one referred to in the first post, except that it was a Manual Tourer. It had delivery miles only and cost me £17750. In the Spring I noticed that a Honda dealer not too far away from me was advertising some new model CR-Vs at attractive prices so gave him a ring. When I asked for an indicative P/X allowance on the Accord (7k miles by this time) he quoted £12000. End of conversation!

Hopefully once the overhang of pre-reg Accords is out of the way then second hand values may return to more acceptable levels.

12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

There are quite a few nearly new Accords (dealer pre-registered) turning up now, even just looking at the Honda UK website. Prices seem to be fine (c£25k for an I-DTEC EX for example), so this original example was hopefully an exception...

...there is a very nice looking nearly new 2.4 i-VTEC Tourer in white too (at Chiswick Honda) for only £26k!

Vehicle View - Honda Accord 2.4 i-VTEC EX Tourer - Chiswick