General Pre v Post facelift

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by StuH, Monday 29th Feb, 2016.

1. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    My 2003 Tourer Exec has gone through the MOT with no advisories and I wasn't thinking of doing anything with it (it's really a fishing wagon these days) but I've seen a very nice 2008 2.4 EX Auto at the right money. I'm not sure how the spec levels compare, I have read the sticky but still unsure; The car I'm pretty sure doesn't have that ADAS thing, not bothered about that, I think it does have the HFT. I don't seen any mention of HID lights? really love the xenons on mine. No reverse parking sensors?

2. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

If its the newer model then it will be more refined (if that's possible) and probably more toys to play with, pretty sure the EX will have the xenon lights.
    I was browsing for a newer model 2.4 exe tourer but it seams rocking horse poo is much easier to find.
    Millions of black smoking diesels about but I don't want one of those.

3. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

This is the very last of the 7th Series. No mention of HID lights.

4. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    for the facelift only 2.4 auto with ADAS had xenon headlights. Xenon lights are more common on pre facelift as it was standard on the EX and wasn't the case for facelift
    - - - Updated - - -
    you can usually tell from a front on shot of the headlight as they look visibly different or from the controls on the dash, whether or not it has the headlight adjustment. Xenon lights won't have the toggle angle adjustment

5. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

It doesn't have HIDs. Boo. But the car is lovely so I've got in anyway. Only real issue is water in the headlight. So it's goodbye Accord, hello, erm, Accord.

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:congratulations: @StuH
    Come on then. Don't keep us in suspense. Let's see your CU2 :Photographer:

7. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

I will.

Nels likes this.
  8. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I fitted aftermarket parking sensors on mine. Took about 2 hours of faffing about but they were only £15 off ebay and work surprisingly well.

If you need them of course.

Look forward to seeing you new accord.... hope you enjoy it!

9. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Just painting up some micro Dolphin sensors.

The condensation in the headlamp needs sorting, I've got some silica gel bags just not sure how they fit in the lamp. Will do a search later.