Sold Prelude 2.2 VTi

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Nighthawk, Wednesday 27th Apr, 2016.

1. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
  2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Wow. Top price though (matches the condition obviously)

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That the only Lude I only ever liked.

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Got lovely lines

5. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    ...but those headlights.....

4G is the Prelude for me (not only coz I already have one :Smile: )

That is a fine example of a well kept / restored 5G though.

6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

7. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Let me rephrase....

"STOCK 4G is the Prelude for me". You should know by now I'm not one for changing the look of a car much. I'd like to think that minor modifications I make to cars are generally tasteful and subtle, and on more than one occasion, I've undone a change I made as I thought it did not look good :Smile:

It's truly sad what the person did to the Prelude you showed (doesn't post any pictures of engine bay ??). This is my personal opinion, and if the owner of that car likes it the way it is, then that's fine. Some people like that sort of thing and are 'impressed' by it... others aren't.

legend-ary likes this.
  8. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I am too of the opinion that subtle and quality mods are the way to go. Just bye cause it's on eBay and fits you car doesn't mean you should stick it on like this person did. But as you said he might like that sort of thing and it's his car so by all means he is entitled to do as he like but at that price that is a rice bucket!

See that's what I feared will happen to all the good cars I wanted to buy as a child. Now that I can afford to, 50% of them have rusted away, 45% have been badly modded and the rest 5% have become collectors item and are simply unaffordable.

Good DC2s are all above 4K
    1.6 VTis are hard to find and the rest of EK/EJ? are Auto 1.4 with rusted arches. MB6 are well past their best and still trading above £1k

I just wish I can could experience an old school VTEC car before they all disappear off the road. EP3 seems to be my only hope and the one I can probably afford in a couple of years time unless boy racers kill them off with jumped chains

RogerH69 likes this.
  9. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

If you consider mine an old school VTEC, you're welcome to come along on a trackday (once we finally get round to doing them :Smile: )

Just take note, as the sticker on my dash says -
    1 - No Screaming
    2 - No Pushing Buttons
    3 - Hold on....

All rules apply to the way I 'drive' and not the power of the car :Smile:

MickyB and legend-ary like this.
  10. Davej5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dave Cornwall
    For an old school VTEC you need a B or H series the EP3 already had the newer style, one reason I am hanging on to my Concerto not that it originally came with a VTEC engine.

RogerH69 and legend-ary like this.
  11. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Sorry never got round to posting a reply on this but the offer was too good to be forgotten. Hell YES! I would love to come along once Prelude goes on track.

Haha I will make sure I will abide by the rules but unfortunately I know for a fact that all I will do is giggle like mad.. speed does that to me :Grin: lol I hope you don't get distracted
    - - - Updated - - -
    Out of curiosity, is there is a hidden gem of a VTEC that has been left alone by the ricers? Like for example I will put my hand up and accept that I never really liked Preludes as the smaller Integra was always my hero but reality is all Integras are beyond reach now and all of a sudden there is a whole bunch of Honda Preludes available some of which are actually quite affordable. So all Prelude motors are old school crazy cam VTECs? Lol I almost bought a 'VTEC' Civic 1.4 but then read its some stupied VTEC-E which is useless.

12. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Definitely not an engine guru (FAR FAR FAR from it), but I THINK most of the Preludes are pretty much all H series engine, with a few F series built in. If you're gonna get on the Prelude band wagon, I'd recommend doing it sooner than later. Preludes are becoming rarer and rarer to find, and will start going up in price, just like the old school Civics. As a track car, the Prelude seems a good option, as there's a lot you can do with the engine (so I'm told) and a tonne of weight to be lost by taking off stuff. I think Preludes hav a bit of a cult following, so you'll generally find that those that are still running are usually pretty well looked after.

I actually like the Prelude 4G because it's "so big" (not really), and I'd really only ever consider the 4G Prelude, as I think it looks the best out of the different generations.

13. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Time to start saving. If anything it can be just a weekend or month end toy. Plus it has 4 seats. Btw what's wrong with 5G? Those seem to be in the same price range as 4th which is odd

RogerH69 likes this.
  14. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Four seats? Erm.... Only if your back seat passengers have no legs. Never seen the back seat leg room of a 5G, but 4G is non existent, unless front seats are quite far forward. Not exaggerating mate, on my 4G, the rear seats were pretty much 'for show'.

I just prefer the look of the 4G, and I HATE the head lights on the 5G. Some people prefer the 5G. On the up side, a lot of their parts are interchangeable (my sunroof and 2WS rear subframe are from a 5G)

15. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Have a look at this 3rd Generation with 30,000 miles
    £2500 and still 5 days to go
    $_57 (1).JPG $_57 (2).JPG $_57 (3).JPG $_57 (4).JPG $_57.JPG
    - - - Updated - - -
    hahaha okay I assumed that maybe Honda did put actual seats in there. see that shows how ignorant I have been towards Preludes and now they will probably be my salvation :Grin: btw I remember reading reviews of 4th Generation and they had all digital green dials but UK cars seems to have regular analogue dials and just two digital readouts for fuel and temp..

16. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Thats a nice looking 3G !!

Make not mistake, there ARE seats in the back of my 4G, and they're actually quite comfy - just not practical unless front seats are quite far forward.