Removed Prelude coilovers

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by Sinuro, Tuesday 3rd Nov, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinuro Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm looking for a full set of coilovers for my 5th Generation Prelude, but not looking to pay the brand new price for them, anyone know of anyone who is selling some of can get hold of some? I'm not looking to slam the car, but get rid of a lot of wheel to arch gap

can anyone help??

2. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Try signing up to lude generation, Its a Prelude forum and there should be someone selling coilovers.
    They pop up now again but always have to check the selling threads.
    Honda Prelude • The UK Honda Prelude Club

4th and 5th Generation suspensions are compatible i think but may be worth checking.

if budget is tight you can always just go lowering springs

- Avoid cheap branded coilovers, no matter how tempting they may be - they are really crap - trust me - I've been there - lol

3. Sinuro Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had a look on that website is was very helpful thankyou, but I'm wandering if there is a solution to a problem I'm having, is there any chance in getting a smooth ride like with standard springs and struts, but with the lower look? Like I say it's only a little lower I want to go, I don't want to ruin the car but make it more track/ street drive able, is lowering springs the way to go for this? Or does no option come into play but maybe air ride? (I don't think that would look right on a Prelude maybe though)

I had a look at tein ones and just want to know if this is a good option? Any experience?

And why not a cheap set? Not last as long or something?

4. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

When lowering your car it will always compromise on the ride comfort no matter which route you take. If you really hate a firm ride then I would recommend not to lower it.
    Having said that if you did want to retain as much ride comfort as possible and the cheapest route whilst being the overall best solution I would suggest going for eibach lowering springs. They use your existing dampers and provide a modest 30mm drop. These will give the most comfortable ride whilst providing a modest lowered height - a height similar to factory sport cars.

It also provides a slightly firmer ride so giving a slight improvement on handling without being to stiff/hard.
    I had this setup on my 1999 Civic coupe and was very good.

Air ride is very very expensive and more for that show look - unless you got 1000's to spend then I would stay away from air stuff

Not had experience with Tein - so can't really comment unfortunately
    However I do have Meister R and can highly recommend those coilovers for your Prelude - great bit of kit

CHeap non branded coilovers have very hard and harsh ride - the car don't handle at all and they rust terribly
    They are made from very cheap materials and tend not to last very long.

Tein, eibach and miseter r and many well known companies spend a lot of money on R&D research on their products hence why they cost so much more
    You get what you pay for usually and with car parts - you buy cheap you tend to buy twice.
    I always tend to listen to what people have used so it gives you an idea of the quality to expect

Hope it helps mate

5. Sinuro Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had a look into the the coilovers option and after a bit of research and sieng what they can offer at different prices, I think the meisterR company are the ones to go with, there chart shows what to go for if your going for track/comfort/everyday and I can lower Aswell, great help, cheers mate

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Just chasing these long term adverts which are just sitting?
    Still looking for these @Sinuro ?

7. Sinuro Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes still looking for some if they come up or anyone knows of any, but I was gonna buy some brand new ones at the price of £800, so any come up could people let me know

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Just checking old threads.
    Do you still want this/these?

9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Please respond or this thread will be closed.

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Thread now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.