Prelude m.o.t due

Discussion in '4th Generation (1992-1996)' started by candobill, Tuesday 21st Jan, 2014.

1. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

:Blink: its coming up for my m.o.t in Feb I know the basic stuff to check. Is there any new stuff we have to watch out for since last year ? been hearing stories about dash lights ? is my JDM in that category or is it, as was My rear fog light is a switch on the gear console, I don't have central locking? or alarm yet?

so any of them affect m.o.t thanks in advance :Blink:

2. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm not sure about any differences due to your Prelude being an import but for my first MOT the link below proved invaluable:

MOT Test Checks List - MOT Testing Industry Portal

I know its pretty long but most of it you can tick without taking a look at it.

AndyB1976 likes this.
  3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    There was some changes that came into effect just before the summer, but Chunky's list is pretty concise at explaining it all and I've been using it myself to get things patched up on mine ready for MOT.

4. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

went for m.o.t today passed with no faults or advisories :Happy:

5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    any pictures of the old girl? i wanna buy one at some point, always wanted a 3rd Generation or 4th Generation.

6. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think you should PM candobill regarding the Prelude, you may end up with one sooner than you think :Thumbup:

7. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Hi exec, you can see my Prelude on ebay its reg is k963 pgj with description if you hurry :Happy:

8. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    candobill likes this.
  9. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

it may be it was owned by a famous deep sea diver at one time :Happy:

10. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

11. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

yes its sad to see it now but it could be revived with a bit of work :Thumbup:

12. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Very nice motor mate, she looks clean. Why you selling it?

Chuncky - unfortunately not looking to buy one now, but if and when I do it will have to be a manual and in Sicilian red to match my accord!

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  13. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

thanks, but I believe cars are for on the road and I won't need to use it for a while so I am letting it go to somebody who can use it :Smile:
    if it don't sell I won't be too bothered, just have to make time to keep it as is :Thumbup: might need a big roll of bubble wrap though :Happy:

Last edited: Saturday 8th Feb, 2014
    DeviateDefiant likes this.