ICE & HFT Premium Sound System

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by NottsBiker, Sunday 5th Jun, 2016.

1. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Can't select a prefix on mobile for some reason. ...

Anyways I've got the low end single cd player in my Type-S but a Premium sub woofer in the shed I'd like to fit. After some investigation this afternoon to my surprise I find that my car is prewired for the sub from the factory with the required connector behind the boot trim :Smile::Smile:

Plugged in but no sound from the sub :Frown:

Guessing I need a Honda amp somewhere but not sure what it looks like or where it mounts. ..

eBay search brings up some black Panasonic amps for the Accord but I'm not sure it's the right one = ?

Anyone upgraded like this offer any advice :Smile:

Thanks

Ben
    - - - Updated - - -
    Weird website seems to be back to normal now

2. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    The head unit in the Premium sound system (6-CD) has 4 "voltage" outputs into a power amp. The latter has 7 separate outputs, one to each speaker, including the sub-woofer in the back.

The power amp is down at the bottom of the console in front of the gear lever.

If you get a different power amp for the sub-woofer, somehow you'd have to get an input to it from the single CD unit, which has 4 "power" outputs to the 6 speakers in the door (the front speakers on each side are wired in parallel)

3. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Thanks for your reply

I suspected that's where it went when I was fitting my xcarlink but wasnt sure.

Do you think then that I would need both the amp and the 6cd top head unit to get my sub working?

4. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

not if you have xcarlink, I don't know the xcarlink, but I'd expect it to have an output that you can feed to a separate individual amp for the sub

5. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    No it only has din for iPhone and 3.5mm jack for android phones.

6. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

hmmm I thought xcarlink could be routed into the sound system

Difficult to know what else you can do other than get both 6-CD head and amp units from a breakers.

Must be another way that someone who knows all the aftermarket audio stuff would know

7. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Will keep an eye out for those bits via eBay then

8. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

9. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Thanks for your reply

Will have a look now