Detailing Preparing car for the winter

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by AccordCU2, Saturday 13th Oct, 2012.

1. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My car has been neglected and not cleaned since August and is in a bit of sorry state.With winter approaching i need to get it ready,cleaned,polished and slap some layers of wax on it.
    I don't have stuff to do it nor am i any good at this detailing business.
    Does anybody know some place that doesnt charge stupid amount of money to do this for me.
    Ideally i just would like machine polishing and waxing to be done,everything else i can do myself wheels,interior etc.
    Know someone or can recommend somebody post it here please.

2. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    I've done mine just yesterday :Happy: Interior hoovered, all plastic surfaces sprayed with shiny stuff, done windows inside & outside with special stuff for auto glass. Washed exterior, then I've applied black wax and a life shine coat. Looks stunning! Even on my purchase date (3 months ago) car didnt shine so much :Smile:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Same here yesterday spend the whole morning waxing and protecting my baby for the winters. may need to top up the wax coats to keep on top of it.

intruder likes this.
  4. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Our babies likes attention! :Rolf:

5. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Make some pictures now! Show your shiny baby to us :Thumbup:

6. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

The other question nowadays of course is whether or not to get winter tyres.

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I don't bother with winter tyres,I got my company van for winter.
    Why risk my own car.

Ichiban likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I wish I could have one of those ..

9. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Buy a proper winter tyres and there won't be a risk to drive your beauty :Smile:

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not worth it for me.I barely drive my car anyway plus winter here is not that bad like in Europe.

11. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

AccordCU2 likes this.
  12. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not heard of him before.
    Thanks for the heads up.I will have a look.

13. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Visit me in Bristol, zoran. I could do your car for free :Wink:

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I may tag along need a few lessons in detailing more the merrier as they say ..

15. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That is very kind offer and i just might take you up on it.

16. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

:Grin: oh dear.. I just talked too much :Smile:
    Hey, but you must bring nice weather! Which is mission impossible here in UK! Otherwise, I havent got a shed.

17. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Or in other option, I can tell what stuff to use and how to do it in details, and you could try it yourself. You'll spend a day together with your car :Wink: ..the best part is that feeling when u drive a shiny, mint car after all done :Smile:
    Basically it's really easy to get that wax and life shine stuff applied! Not worth to get your car cleaned by companies who charge loads...

18. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    much as would like to read the rest of this thread it keeps crashing my app for some reason. Have to wait until I can get on the PC at work tomorrow :Smile:

19. westcorkaccord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

VW-Honda Ireland
    You asked about Winter tyres , so here is my response, I do not have a company van or have a stay at home if it is too cold. I work for a Swiss Company in Ireland so no stay in bed types here. I was thinking of winter tyres for five years before I got them. In the third year of having them I got a second set of rims. If you are old enough to remember tyres of twenty years ago they had a lot of little cuts in them, like spies. Most new tyres look like solid rubber as we like to have great road holding in dry conditions, but in wet muddy road I think these tyres may have a problem getting grip. That is why I think winter tyres are the best for the winter because of wet,muddy and cold conditions. The rubber in the tyre has extra Silica in the tyre to work better under 7 dec C. I do not notice too high a price in tyre cost or MPG to waver away from winter tyres.