General Prescott Hill Climb Saturday 6th Sept

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by vzh7gk, Monday 8th Sep, 2014.

1. vzh7gk Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Graham Cheltenham
    In amongst the Bugatti Members 'B' License Handicap (Road Cars) on Saturday was a rather tasty Accord Type-R.
    According to the programme entered by Steve Davey from Cheltenham, 2200cc, 1998.
    Black car with a good looking pair of tailpipes. Unfortunately, as I was officiating, I didn't get time for a chat, but it was a good view out of the Hill Control hut window and was impressive getting off the line... :Smile:

2. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    hi graham
    nice to see a modern honda out there giving it a go shame theres no pictures
    this is where a few years back i got the honda bug by testing out the early proto type 1st Generation that one of our group runs i had a great morning belting it up the test hill
    weve come a long way since then
    heres a couple of links

regards all
    slim

Ichiban likes this.
  3. vzh7gk Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Graham Cheltenham
    And the marshal on that post (Pardon Hairpin) from where the filming was taken?? ME!
    Couldn't figure out which car I had parked up there, but I guess it had to be the MINI Clubman Cooper D, so it must have been a few years ago. A non competitive day (though you were chucking that Civic about :Smile: )

4. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    yes correct non compettitive event great corner for cocking a leg:Grin:
    i think it was the following year that we got to cars finished to compete at the crystal palace hillclimb/sprint both of which i drove again testing out two mild engine developments and the new bc coilover suspension we had developed and this time a a msa regulated event

tviracingADA3.mp4 Video by Chip80y | Photobucket
    - - - Updated - - -
    the last pics are the prescott shots and the next is the same car on board but at the crystal palace event

heres the second Civic test back to back with the first

jlo2.mp4 Video by Chip80y | Photobucket

5. vzh7gk Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Graham Cheltenham
    Looks an interesting Sprint course! :Smile:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks for the clips Slim, I am slowing getting around to the appeal of retro hill climb Civics however the conflict in my mind with motorcycle and cars is constantly raging and still undecided.

Motorcycles are the moment are in the top of my wish list I plan to get atleast half dozen reto Honda bikes soon and a new garage.

7. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    Ichiban likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds