Introductions Previous 7th Generation owner coming back to the Accord

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dandiesel, Tuesday 31st Jan, 2012.

1. dandiesel Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

I owned a 2006 7th Generation accord (2.0 petrol) for a few years before changing over to a Volvo S40 1.6Diesel SE LUX.. regret the decision after around 7 months of driving the volvo, so will be changing to an 8th Generation EX or ES GT w/ sat nav/reversing camera, premium audio and a few others.

Torn between the execs full leather or the ES GT's bodykit.. so trying to find a happy medium without actually spending the extra on a Type-S.

Anyway, I've missed driving my accord since I got rid, and now realise that I will always favour power, style and comfort over slow cars with good fuel economy :Smile:

2. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Hello and welcome to AOC
    Good luck with the hunt for new car and post some pics once you get it.
  3. dandiesel Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers will do. Local dealer is able to get me blue EX.. plenty of blue / gray / silver ES GT but without any extras. So holding off for a black EX or ES GT w/ the toys.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC Dan, good to hear you coming to the 8th Generation Accord. Would you get sticking with a Petrol or Diesel this time round?

We have sufficient threads and data on the 8th Generation so if you need anything clearing up ,please search or just ask.
  5. dandiesel Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Going with a diesel this time. I found it insanely difficult to offload my 2 litre i-VTEC last time around, so going with the trend. Drove an EX 2.2 diesel and liked it very much.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well the I-DTEC is fine motor just be on top of things and it's great motor,I like the auto version it makes the best use of the engine torque. The paddle shift you can get racy and quick around bends.
  7. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Dan and welcome to AOC.

Paul is a member/moderator on here and he did the same thing, sold his Accord and then after a short time got another one.

I hear great things about the 8th Generation so it looks like you'll be on to a winner.
  8. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome Dan
  9. dandiesel Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks everyone, still in negotiations with my dealer (who is sending me various options each day as they come up) but nothing yet has tempted me..

So far I've been offered (all 2008)
    Red ES GT (no extras)
    Silver ES GT (sat nav/half of the bunch so far but didn't really want silver)
    2 x Blue EX (don't like the colour)
    Red EX (was nice, but very high mileage and not a great service history)

Really looking out for a black EX..with as many toys as possible and full black leather seats..

or failing that a Black ES GT, sat nav/reversing camera/cd multi changer..
    I would add the HID and possibly 18" alloys myself if I could.. possibly have it remapped to 180bhp and I've costed getting the half leather seats turned into full leather with a tiny 'Accord' logo in white on the front drivers/passenger seats..

I've been looking for around 3-4 weeks now and nothing has turned up yet. I may go for a volcano gray
    Asking too much? :Smile:
  10. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Dan and welcome to AOC. Just stick with the hunt. The best things come to those who wait! I'm on my second Accord after leaving the brand and regretting it.
  11. dandiesel Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers Paul, I know exactly how you felt!

Earlier I was dead set against blue, but over in the 8th Generation accord forum there's some shots of a 2.4 in blue, and it looks amazing, so vibrant. So good in fact that I emailed my local dealer asking did they still have a blue available.. I can't understand how blue could look so dull and washed out in one photo, and so vibrant and bright in another.

There's definitely only one blue in the 8th Generation, right? (cobalt?)
  12. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi and Welcome Dan
  13. dandiesel Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lots to catch up on before I really start posting.

I'll be in my 8th Generation in the next 10 days!