Off-Topic private plate

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Friday 26th Dec, 2014.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    This reminds me when I was considering getting a private plate not that long ago which had CR-V in it. But then I thought, what if I change models in the future?...

2. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That's the downside of getting a plate related to the vehicle model unfortunately.

I once saw a Jazz with JAG 250 on it (Guess what the owner used to drive - could've been their initials I suppose)

I've got my initials on my plate then it doesn't matter what vehicle I have in future.

Someone I know once had A911 ABB which could've been a good one to keep on a retainer to auction later as 911 owners would want that one.

Back then it wasn't such a big business as it is now though.
  3. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've got FMC on my Capri, but I've had it for 8 years and will probably never sell it. So I was quite happy buying a manufacturer related plate.
    John Dickson likes this.
  4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I've got private plates (initials) on both my cars. Have had both for 10+ years.

I just prefer keeping the same ones - they don't mean anything to anybody else - and it makes my Accord stand out even more in the company car park, as everybody else takes the company car option (BMW, , Jaguar, VAG or Mercedes only on my list :crazyeyes:) so can't have a private plate :Smile:

Personal view - I think a plate should be allocated to each person when they pass their driving test, and they then keep that for the duration and move it from car to car.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have Honda as my number plate and will never sell it either.