General Problem filling up with diesel

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by BroadwayBlueshirt, Thursday 1st Nov, 2012.

1. BroadwayBlueshirt Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This may seem stupid but I can`t get the diesel to flow properly when filling up the car.

I only got it this week and have twice tried to fill her up. The fuel nozzle keeps auto stopping as soon as I try and put it on full flow.

I`ve tries turning the nozzle at all angles. In, out and shaking it all about but can`t get it to fill normally. I get to a tenners worth or so and give up. :Unknown:

What`s the secret guys?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi and Welcome to AOCUK

is this on different fuel pumps or the same one every time you fill up?

3. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've an 8th Generation Dtec and I have to face the bottom of the handle to 10 O'Clock position instead of the normal 6 o'clock position. It fills up with out any problems then.:Smile:

4. BroadwayBlueshirt Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the welcome.

Two different fuel stations.

I actually asked my nephew today (who`s a mechanic) if different stations could have different results, and he laughed at me.

I think I know where you`re going with this one as I thought it might have just been the first garage I went. to.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thanks Jace.

Believe it or not, that`s about the only position the handle hasn`t be at due to the fuel cover flap sticking out on that side.

I`ll try and persevere to get it to that position and see how it goes.

Very poor design by Honda that we have to do this.

5. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Mine is the same but fine if I just put the nozzle in about 4-5 inches with the kink / bend just resting on the lip of the filler neck.

Its fine then just don't rest any weight on the filler in fact better if you hold it very slightly raised. I can easily go from 0 to full without it clicking out on me.
    I take your point on design but you will get used to it. Change is never easy :Smile: I like to think its worth it though :Smile:

BroadwayBlueshirt and Ichiban like this.
  6. BroadwayBlueshirt Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks buddy.
    As it happens, I went to fill her up today and still couldn`t get it right.

I`ll try your recommendation next time, though it could be a while since I filled her to the brim :Smile:

As you say, once I get the knack of it, it`ll be worth it.

7. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not really had any problems I can usually get it from empty to full without it clicking off but I don't put the nozzle all the way in probably the same way Primarycare does his.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Really it the first time any diesel owner as EVER reported this issue. can you check the is no damage to the filler neck?

9. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Seems a bit of an odd one this. Honda would have made sure you can fill it up when they designed the car.

10. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    It all depends what you have been used to with your previous motor.. I found the shape of the filler neck on the A6 better than the Honda as the nozzle fitted better. Same with the wifes new Subaru, nozzle fits/sit better in the filler neck.

That said the Honda version is just fine you just need to get used to it..

I have no problems filling mine up