Engine & Gearbox Problem with Auto Gearbox in 2001 2.0 Exec

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by reptile, Friday 30th Aug, 2013.

1. reptile New Member Getting Started

The car has done a bit over 40,000 miles. There is a leak of transmission fluid and slipping in lower gears. Topping up has got the gearbox working again but the leak continues and there is a low level wine that matches engine speed. I suspect this is a breakdown of the diff bearings as this seems to be a common problem but it may be something else of course. I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me if the car is still eligible for a warranty repair based on the low mileage. Can anyone give me an idea of what it is lilely to cost to repair the gearbox or replace it? I live in Wembley but I am working in Sheffield Monday to Friday. Can anyone recommend a good garage to take it to please (probably in Sheffield).

The engine warning light came on but I reset it after topping up the ATF and it has stayed off.

Many thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi mate you will get no warranty support whatsoever, repairing\replacing with a good donor box will be the only option.