Suspension, Steering and Brakes Problems fitting new front brake pads.

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by rayf, Monday 4th Feb, 2013.

1. rayf Member

I have just purchased a set of front disc pads for my 2005 Honda CR-V (they are the correct thickness) but on trying to fit them they are to big to go over the disc. The caliper piston is fully in but still is to big. Can anyone help me, any advice would be appreciated?
    What are the 2 bolts at the back of the disc with the rubber slieves on them. Are they sliders and if so how do you check them?
    Many thanks

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Ray,

welcome to AOC I assume you have gone for aftermarket disc and pads? Could you tell me do the disc removed are like for like when put together? You may have picked up the disc for the wrong CR-V model.

Could you please advise what model of CR-V you have?

3. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

4. rayf Member

Hi, Many thanks for coming back. I have a March 2005 CR-V and yes they are aftermarket pads. When I fitted them they go into the proper slots etc and go right to the back leaving what I think is the maximum gap. I am not sure if the 2 smaller bolts at the back of the disc (with rubber gaiters) is meant to be taken out and cleaned or will that cause the brake fluid to leak.
    Hoping this info will help you assist. Come back if you need more.
    Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
    Many thanks for your reply. There is no protruding part at the back of the disc it is flat but I do not know what the 2 small bolts with the gaiter on are for. Is it simply to split the disc?

Last edited: Saturday 9th Feb, 2013
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Rayf what was the final outcome ?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bump :Smile: