Feedback/Help Problems posting on an IPad 2.

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by 155695, Monday 7th Sep, 2015.

1. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    When posting on an iPad 2, if I try and move the cursor back to correct a mistake in an earlier part of the draft post text, as soon as I touch the screen to relocate the cursor to where I want it, the browser closes down completely and throws me out of the net entirely.

This is very annoying when at the end of a long post, I spot an error some way back and when I try and move the cursor to correct it, get thrown out. When I then "restore" the forum webpage, the original draft is missing and I have to start again.

This doesn't happen on my 8.1 desktop where I have no problems whatsoever.

Any help gratefully received before the iPad flies across the room and through the nearest window!

Keith

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    oh -oh this problem has surfaced. Buddy can you clear your safari cache and see if that makes a difference,

3. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    CJ

Thanks, done that and all now seems to be working OK (I made a couple of deliberate mistakes in this post and easily moved the cursor back to remove them).

How often should I clear the cache as I very rarely use Safari, preferring Chrome?

Keith

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks Keith, clear the cache once a month should be good mate, chrome is equally good on iPads. I general clear cache when I have bizarre issue like you encountered.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I've had this issue too on my iPad Mini and never managed to fully resolve it, however clearing the cache does do the trick temporarily. I'm looking into a permanent cure.

6. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    That's not good news Leo.

If it plays up again, I'll use the desktop. In fact the I-pad is the only bit of Apple kit I've got and I have to say I can't stand it. I have problems with all sorts if things on it, e.g. attachments to e-mails not opening at all or opening embedded in the e-mail, web sites saying "sorry your device is not supported" etc. etc. etc.

As maligned as Microsoft/Windows is, I love it and have very few problems, even with 8.1 which I find easy to use. I will upgrade to 10 but not until next year before the free upgrade offer expires but after sufficient time for the bugs to be sorted.

Keith

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'd say that's a sensible plan with Windows 10, there's not too many bugs but I come across enough for it to be a minor annoyance.

I can't really fault my iPad, it can be a bit iffy around the web with support as you say - but generally it's been very reliable.

Hopefully I'll crack the compatibility issue with the site, I'm sure I will in the end :Smile:

8. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Touch wood I have had no problems with iPad or iPhone 6 but only time will tell.
    I'm using iPad Air btw

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team