Suspension, Steering and Brakes PS lock and alarm light issues

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by exec, Thursday 18th Jun, 2015.

1. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Got two possible issues on the Civic my uncle bought. It's a 2003 1.6 version, its an S inspire spec, so a base model with a few extras.

1) The power steering doesn't seem to have a steering lock, turning it 90 degrees does nothing, do these cars have a lock?
    2) When the lock button is pressed on the fob, the car locks fine but the hazard lighst don't flash to let you know they have been locked and alarm is activated, is this normal?

Cheers

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    1) Yes the steering should lock with key removed.

2) I think that means the car thinks something is not locked properly.
    Check all the doors to ensure that the door sensor is working (should illuminate interior light).
    Also check the boot and the bonnet are closed and sensors are working.

exec likes this.
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Something else to check is that all the doors are actually locking. If an actuator on one of the doors isn't actually working and leaving the door unlocked you may see the same symptoms.

4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Thanks man, will check those out, I hope they are locked as the car is currently left at a random road in a bad area!

5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    So I checked/tried out the steering lock, this car has a very odd system, from the center circle you have turn the steering wheel 180 degrees until it locks, proper pain the arse, as its heavy when its off, which i imagine also can't be good for the rack (?) and you end up having around 15-20 degrees of the actual physical wheel pointing outwards. I assume this must be some sort of feature of the crappy little electric steering. LONG LIVE HYDRAULICS!! :Whiteflag:

Did a quick check of the lock/alarm issue, all doors and boot are locked when you lock it on the fob, bonnet is closed too. Will do a more thorough check in the weekends.

Have to say having driving this car in the last few days....LONG LIVE THE ACCORD!! :sparta: It's just in a different league.