Suspension, Steering and Brakes PS pressure hose compatibility?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by jaran, Thursday 3rd Sep, 2015.

1. jaran Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,

my accord's power steering pressure hose is leaking from above the engine and i'm thinking of replacing it from 2.2 diesel version? Are these hoses interchangable? Anyone knows? I'm asking because there's so little 2.0 petrol version here at slovenia for breaking on the other hand it's just to much for me 300€ for new hose.

Attached Files:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    If the fittings are the same on both sides, it would do the job. I'm not sure if the length will be the same on both though.

3. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
  4. jaran Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Been there done that, different numbers. I'm getting this hose fixed by local hydraulic on monday, I hope.

5. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Good stuff if they can't fix I'm sure they can make a custom one to fit

jaran likes this.
  6. jaran Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've been told the only problem could be the spring inside the hose which works as a valve. If not done properly then could be some problem when turning steering wheel.

7. jaran Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It's done. New hose, some parts from old hose. 55€ Hope it will last another 100kkm :Smile:

Attached Files:

Busa1340r and 2.4 8thGen like this.
  8. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Great result :Smile:

jaran likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am sure the hose angles fitting and length for the 2.2 I-CTDI and Petrol engine are different . I don't think you will be able to use it .
    - - - Updated - - -
    Good Bodge mate.

jaran likes this.
  10. Mikey D Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm on my second PS pressure hose which is again now leaking fluid from the same 'crimp' at the top of the engine. Am I just unlucky or is this a problem part? Prob gonna try getting a hose made like @jaran. Seems to be a decent improvement rather than just a fix.

Ichiban likes this.
  11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

You guys that are having hoses fail... how are your engine mounts ?

I'm thinking maybe failed engine mounts are causes engine to rock more than normal causing the hoses to fail due to excess stress from the extra movement.

12. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Other thing to check is that all clips and clamps are in place only time I've lost a PS hose is when it was vibrating on the sub-frame due to a clip not being installed. Possibly a similar issue with extra movement?

Did the same as jaran and had an agricultural/industrial hydraulic supply remake the hose cost me peanuts compared to a new hose.

13. Mikey D Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I don't what the standard measure for engine movement might be but it looks pretty steady, even when rev'd. Anyhow, I got a hose made up by Pirtek, I used the one in Doncaster, they pressure tested it beyond what should be required by a PS system and they charged me £40 for the pleasure. Fitted on Sat. Couple of days driving and all seems well. No loss of fluid and no noticable difference to the steering. Fingers crossed.

Attached Files:

14. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Good stuff thanks for reporting back, hope the problem is done and dusted.

15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

That looks good and a reasonable price too.