General Putting new 6x9s

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hsyasin, Tuesday 23rd Jul, 2013.

1. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Hammad Bury St. Edmunds
    Hey all,
    I ordered a pair of vibe 6x9 speakers and tried to fit them yesterday and the thing is, the left one sits nice and snug in its place but the right one doesn't, and when i looked underneath, there's this trunk rod in the way, which doesn't allow the speaker to sit in properly.
    Can anyone please suggest on a good solution on what to do??
    I'm attaching pics to show what the problem is

- - - Updated - - -

I've thought about ordering adapter to put in, but can anyone tell me what size adapter should I order??
    And I assume after putting it in via an adapter, I won't be able to fit the top grill, right?

DSC_0099[1]. DSC_0100[1].

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 23rd Jul, 2013
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Yes adaptor would make it sit a little higher. Looking at that second picture, seems you don't need too much to clear it .. you could try to bend the tension bar back a little but I don't think it will be easy to bend.

Also from the second picture there seems to be two positions that the hook part of the tension bar can sit in, you could try moving the hook back into that second position.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I tried to move the tension bar into that 2nd hook but couldn't move it.. Is there a proper way of doing it?
    I was trying it with the boot open, I think i tried with closed as well.
    And if i go for the adapter, how much thickness u think i should go for, 12mm or less or more?

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Mine is already in the second position. You probably need to get a bar on it and leverage it.

Opps pic is upside down.

20130723_133701.

- - - Updated - - -

Any luck with this ? I think your torsion bar is sat in the wrong place anyway.

5. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Nah, have tried moving it, but it feels like its welded onto the notch.. can't move it.
    have ordered 12mm adapters to put underneath

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds