Tyres & Wheels question about tyre pressure...from an idiot

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by happy_tom, Friday 9th Mar, 2012.

1. happy_tom Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi gang.

So I have had my brilliant 2.2I CDTi Exec for a couple of weeks now. Love it.

Just went to check the trye pressure....errr doesn't say in the manual what they should be.

Need a bit of help as I have never had 16" tubeless tyres before. Currently all 4 tyres are different, although all pretty new, and 3 of them are just cheapos, and they have differentt max pressures.

I will change them all soon but in the mean time what do you suggest I get the pressure too? Majority of the time it is just one person driving the car so it's not exactly fully laden. My golf tells me in the petrol cap what the pressure should be laden and unladen.

Any help (in bar) would be greatly appreciated from this idiot.

Thanks in advance
  2. happy_tom Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

alright ignore me. Just found the info I needed after opening the drivers door.

told you I was an idiot
  3. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough

Was just going to suggest looking there!

No questions a stupid one, it's amazing some of the simple things people find on their Accords after owning them over 12 months.
  4. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Similar question and I know about the door pillar but ... I've never driven 18" 235x45 before. The pillar says between 33 and 41 and the dealer has set them at 38. Is it purely a personal choice of firmness of ride or is 38 considered a normal commuter setting for this kind of tyre?
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have set mine to 33 Front and 32 Rear ride is perfect!
  6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I would set them to what the sticker says then if you find them too firm lower them by 2 or 3 psi all round to.

A lot of people will give you different recommended tyre pressures due to rim size or it being a petrol or diesel. Plus the standard size for 18s on a 7th Generation is 225 40 18 so not really good for comparison either.