Body, Paint & Styling Question for you tourer owners

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Phil1978, Wednesday 6th Nov, 2013.

1. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    After a slight issue with funds I am back in the hunt for my Accord:Happy:

I have noticed that a lot of the cars I am looking at don't have roof bars, as somebody who holidays in the UK and uses a roofbox I am wondering what sort of fixing there is or is it possible to retrofit bars from another vehicle?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    IIRC there is a thread in the 7th Generation section where a members has used aftermarket (roof vertical)bars which fits roof without the need of dedicated roofbars

3. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Cheer mate, found a thread, I got my wording wrong tough I meant roof rails, looks like the pre-facelift and facelift rails are different.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    pre-facelift roof rails are shorter they are mounted kind of from B pillar, where facelift are almost same length as roof.

6. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Cheers mate, I just compared photos of the two different types, you can easily spot the difference when side by side, there a few being broken on ebay, so hopefully should be a reasonably cheap fix if the car I choose doesn't have them.

7. godzilla84 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just spotted this thread, my 03 tourer has no roof rails but I want to fit roof bars for a twin cycle carrier. Now I have searched the topic on here and not found anything that really answers it so my question is this. What roof bars do people have fitted on their tourers with out rails fitted. I've seen a few on eBay but I wondered if anyone recommends a particular type. I don't mind spending a bit on them because they will be carrying somewhere in the region of £3k worth of mountain bikes so I want decent ones.

Mark

8. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

IIRC you can fit Honda facelift roof rails to pre facelift.
    I'd check eBay, failing that get a price from HH.