Pre-Facelift Model Questions From Possible Accord Owner

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by honacc, Wednesday 29th Aug, 2012.

1. honacc Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi

I am giving serious consideration to the purchase of 2005 Honda Accord 2.0 automatic, but do have some questions to ask.

(1) Do these have a timing belt or chain, and what mileage/years do these require replacement at

(2) Do Accords come with space saver spare wheel or tyre repair kit? If the latter is there space under the boot carpet for a full size spare

(3) What the MPG like on these.

(4) Is there anything in particular to look out for on these.

That all the questions I can think of for the time being.

Many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 30th Aug, 2012
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: Questions From Probale Accord Owner

I hope this helps.

3. honacc Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Many thanks,

(1)With regards to full size spare is there a space under the boot carpet for it, or will it have to rest on the boot floor?
    (2) Is there a pdf of owners handbook available on this site?
    (3) Do the automatic gear box cause any problems

Many thanks.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

No problem at all.

5. honacc Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the response.

@ everyone has any one purchased a spare wheel for an accord from Honda and if so what what was the cost ?

How often does the ATF need to be changed ?

I'v seen there's a service schedule for the diesel on this site could someone post one up for the petrol models as I would want to check that things had been done at the correct mileage/age.

What are tyre like to toe with we will only be towing a 500 kg trailer tent.

Many thanks

6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I bought space saver wheel from Honda and paid 160£.

7. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

If you want a full size spare try a breakers on ebay

Honda say change ATF every 45000 miles or 5 years but personally I would ignore that and change it more often say 20-25k. With an auto you don't completely drain it, you take some out but some stays in and mixes with the new stuff, so you have to do it 2 or 3 times to get it really clean.

8. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I thought all 7th gens came with a spare wheel and it was just the 8th gens that came with the tyre weld. Was it seriously an optional extra?!:Aghast:

9. honacc Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks TBH I want a full size spare as we will be towing with the accord and some space savers cannot be used when towing

10. honacc Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If they come with a full size spare then that is excellent.

11. honacc Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the info, the car we are interested in comes with Honda main dealer servicing but if purchased I would intend to take to an independent Honda expert. What's the cost of replacing the ATF oil?

12. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Depends on the garage I guess. £50-100 maybe?

13. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Every Accord I ever had came with either a full spare wheel or as in the case with my current one a space saver.

14. Jon_G Guest

My 2005 7th Generation tourer came with no spare wheel, just the horrible bottle of latex and an air pump I guess a wheel (probably a space-saver?) may have been an option, but the owners manual does have a section explaining the 'advantages' of not having one!!!

When you remove the moulding under the trapdoor which holds the latex/pump/etc, then there is room to fit a standard wheel (and there was even a jack under there). All that's missing is the bolt to hold the wheel in place. I bought a standard 16" wheel from an eBay seller that matched my others and fitted it without the bolt - no problem.

But make sure you get the correct wheel - some (Civic?) wheels look very similar, but have a different offset.

15. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yes a 16" will go just...I doubt a 17 or 18 will though.

16. honacc Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks, spoke to a Honda dealer they said they came with space and no where to put full size spare apart from on the boot floor, this nearly ruled the accord out :Aghast:before I read your post:Thumbup:.

17. honacc Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Apparently the car has 15" wheels:Smile:

18. Jon_G Guest

I'm pretty sure that's not standard... but a 15" spare wheel would obviously fit.

19. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Is it a tourer or a saloon?

20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Guys just for clarity,

the 2.0 CL7 & CM2 had 280mm front disc so 15,16,17 inch rims can be used. A 15 inch rim will not fit a CL9 due to the 300 mm front discs, so don't use a 15 inch alloy on a CL9 CM2,CN1 or CN2 . If you have a rear punter it will work not the fronts.:Wink:

You can fit a full size 15 ,16 and just fit a 17 inch alloy in the wheel recess , it is a tight squeeze but possible