General Quick wheel Q?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NottsBiker, Saturday 20th Sep, 2014.

1. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Does anybody know if ATR wheels will fit my Type-S?

Seen some locally for a good price and mine want refurnishing and are only 16s.

Thanks - Ben

2. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    They would fit. Not the best alloy in my opinion. The tourer looks good on Civic FN2 18 inch wheels or BBS LM seem to work.

Each person s wheel choice is their own at the end of the day. Though those standard iccle 16s are identical to mine and are very light. Better for speed.

3. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Didn't know how heavy they were in relation to other honda wheels tbh but it's handy to know thanks.

Was interested to know which other wheels fitted so over time I could keep my eye out on eBay / gumtree etc for some cheap.

4. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Wheels can be cheap.but tyres always double the cost. This is why my car is still on roller skate wheels. My tourer is going to be a simple kept work pony. Want to sell it soon to get back into a custom daily driver. Fast road Accord 1st Generation or a hillclimb spec Civic 1st Generation.

Good luck for wheels. Do your research first and get good ones.

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    What type of alloys are you looking for?

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Yes perfectly, the only different is the recommended tyre aspect ratio being 40 for the ATR instead of 45 on the stock 17 size. If you brought a set with tyres you're talking a real world difference of 1.44% on the speedo, less than 1mph out at 60mph. If you need to buy tyres, just get 225/45 and it'll be perfect.

For reference both 6th Generation Type-R and 7th Generation 17s are 5x114.3 PCD, 7j width and ET55 offset.

7. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    I'm not but saw some ATR wheels locally for a good price and it got me thinking. My brother in law has a CTR so I will look at his wheels the next time I'm there as they will be 18s as stated above.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thanks again - the wheels I saw were bare.