General QuickQuid advert

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duc de Pommfrit, Wednesday 16th Sep, 2015.

1. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Anyone seen the QuickQuid advert with the broken down Jazz complete with digitally added smoke from engine......yeah right

John Dickson likes this.
  2. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm sure it's only cos VW paid them not to use one of their cars. :Rolf:

Last edited: Wednesday 16th Sep, 2015
    Nels likes this.
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:begdiffer:
    I thought they used the Jazz, one of the film crew's cars, as the A3 they had booked broke down 'en route'. :Tea:

4. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The A3's gearbox did what all DSG gearboxes do well and dismantled itself :Smile:

OllyR and Nels like this.
  5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I've noticed also in the past in breakdown ads they always debadged Japanese cars. Either they are being ironic or they are saying even the most reliable cars can break. :Tongue:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They should put a VW billowing back smoke as it more relevant as of today , A Jazz will only break down for a tyre puncture.

OllyR and John Dickson like this.
  7. Karmadrome Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Skip Woking
    Honda wouldn't sue is my guess, it would make the company look petty while VAG would sue at the drop of a hat. Did you ever see (15 years ago now I understand but still) the early testings when the idea of a transformer movie was first doing the rounds? The studio used a (then) new Bettle as bumblebee and the car is seen transforming in a junk yard landing with the windscreen as a shield - if I remember correctly. Anyway, the guys who did the initial proof of concepts got sued by VAG for intellectual copyright infringements, the terrorist polo advert (everyone by now must of seen that!) guys got sued and ended up being employed by VAG in their marketing department...

8. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

VW would have to start first to billow black smoke given how crap they are it's odds on homestart cover is essential

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

IIRC though the original Transformer as per the comic was a VW beetle.

Your right though its always the Jap cars that get picked for these breakdown advets. Though if you look almost all cars in TV adverts are debadged, and its for a reason, they would essentially be giving free advertising to the car companies etc. Even though everyone can clearly see what car it is. Either that or they would have to pay royalties or something.

10. Karmadrome Premium Member Club Supporter

Yep, he was, until he was eaten but rust parasites then he was just a head on the shelf while they found a new body for him. Then he was a slightly shinier beetle but a much improved toy as bumble was a pretty basic toy.
    The scene with Bernie Mac when the camero opens its door into the Bettle at the dealership was meant as a sly dig.
    - - - Updated - - -
    *Not but - by

Harvey likes this.
  11. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Seems like @Karmadrome your something of a comic kinda person.
    Though I read one or two myself, merely web comics not the real deal any more, but it certainly is a hobby that people enjoy, collecting old and rare comics plus the stuff that goes with them.

Karmadrome likes this.
  12. Karmadrome Premium Member Club Supporter

I wasn't allowed the toys (allergy to the paint....) but yeah, I've collected a few comics/memorabilia in my time. It helps I have a friend who's aobsessed with the series and his brothers a professional model builder, between them the information I learned from the comics pales in comparison.

In an effort to stay on topic - time shift on BBC4 right now is about the many different uses for the Diesel engine and its timeline, looks good.

Harvey likes this.
  13. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

intersting. I shall have to look at that when I've finished watch a movie on my fire stick.

Karmadrome likes this.