Listing Ended Quintet, anybody?

Discussion in 'eBay Links' started by FirstHonda, Tuesday 25th Nov, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Not seen one of these for YEARS. Another automatic too...:Smile:

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Unfortunately that "needs welding" disclaimer probably means there's some pretty bad undercarriage rot, that's unfortunately the big reason so few are left in existence.

I'd love to see this go to someone who can give it the restoration and TLC it deserves.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Am I the only one who thinks back in the day early Honda drivers in the UK were all special needs, why are all of them bl00dy slush boxes :Baseballbat:

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^I'd say they were forward thinking. Back in the day I remember that (generally) only big European cars came with an auto option. The Japanese offered the option on most elements of their ranges.

We'll mainly be driving automatics in the next 20 years, like the United States IMHO...:Smile:

Excellent news :Devil:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well I am getting my GP1 that a CVT so that my first taste of long term auto ownership. I wish they did a manual in the GP1 but they don't.

yes you are right we all will have auto as standard soon, but I will still keep my beloved manual.

6. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Then time to change your garage accord to manual dude. It says 1st Generation is auto. mmm glitch.

Quintet, yes. Basically the EL lump so someone get it and get a 5 speed shoved in it. Easy.

Would like a Quinny but too 2nd Generation for me. Like my 60's and 70's Hondas so much more.

7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question but I take it this is a 5 door Second Gen Accord or is it a bit different to the 2nd Generation but on the same platform?

8. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Its a mix and match venture with Rover. Accord chassis Prelude front end Civic interior and Accord/Prelude engine.

Very odd car. Didn't sell well. It is a 1st Generation but 80's not 1st Generation 70's

I'd have it though I'm waiting for another car currently.

John Dickson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.