Previously Owned Racy Jace - EX GT

8th Generation (2008-2015) vehicle added by Racy Jace, Wednesday 8th May, 2013

1. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi, Just thought I'd say hello now that I'm a proud owner of an 8th Generation Accord. I`ve had it about 4 weeks so far and Im really happy with it but now really skint since blowing my budget:Frown: I went for a 2.2 I-DTEC in the end. Even with the higher diesel costs doing 7700 miles a year Id save £310 over the 2.4 petrol. I also chose the EX GT model after finding out it had the HID lights which I really needed. The extra money over the ES GT is well worth it in my opinion and I love the heated electric seats too :Whistle:

I had 3 blown speakers when I picked up the car from Blackhorse car sales! They did change the front door speaker but left the others in the rear doors as they said all there other Accords had the same problem. Anyway Black horse paid Honda the £230 to change the remaining speakers so a thumbs up to them. The sound now has better bass but is directed slightly to the rear as the door speakers now have tweeters in them where before they were just mid/bass woofers. The reason for the blown speakers is that non of the Premium stereos had there speakers upgraded to match the new power output of the upgraded stereo!

I haven't had any DPF problems yet either. My journey to work is only a 32 miles a day but its down fast country a/b roads so not stuck in traffic :Grin:.

Anyway this is my first Honda so Hopefully it won't be my last.:Grin:

accord45.

Car History:
    1st Generation fiesta 950cc
    Vauxhall nova 1.2
    Vauxhall nova SR
    Clio 1.4 RT
    Celica 2.0 GT Siii Import Auto
    Impreza RB5 number 100/444 tuned to 320bhp
    Clio 182
    Nissan Primera 2.2 DCI

Last edited: Monday 19th Mar, 2012
    Ichiban likes this.
  2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Jace and welcome to AOC.

Glad you're liking the car...looks great.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome Jason, Brilliant intro I am waiting for my 8th Generation to arrive its going to be a long wait till September.

What is that thing on the window?

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome Jason
    Ceej i can't see his post for some reason,only yours and Cliff reply.

5. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Its a safety box where the garage keeps the key for the car. It`s been removed now. It wasn't to my taste:Whistle:

6. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ditto. I think I've broke it. :Aghast:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    image resizer going crazy it blocked the image. I can see it irrespective.

Jason next time bud just drop a size or upload the picture directly to the forum.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    First time I have seem that contraption normally dealer have this massive board with loads of keys attached with tags.

9. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry about that I didnt realise the picture was so big :Aghast:

Ill try again.

wallp2.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You have some racy cars well your username gives it away :cool: you had enough of feeling the need for speed and settled down to a normal pace?

11. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah I seemed to be be a name I picked up so I went with it :Grin:

Well, err , basically yes:Aghast: The Subaru was fast and had great handling with the prodrive set up but for a car to just drive around in I preferred my celica. It was a great car to cruise in and being an Auto with a high end high quality stereo it was ace. I went for the Accord instead of a Civic because I knew it would give me the same feeling the Celica did and then some. Which it does in spades. May be that's down to driving a Primera for 3 years? I do need to drive more sensibly these days as I am 33 now:Whistle: Saying that the car is being remapped as I type this so Ill up date when I've made a conclusion to weather or not it was worth it.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Accord is a wise choice it got the right balance and can cater all car drivers.

13. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was board and had a spare £1.49 lying around so I thought I'd give some carbon wrap ago:Smile:. I've got plans for some black carbon if I ever get round to it too but we'll see.

front ora3. front oran 2. front orange.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    what is it we looking at Jace?