General Radio cassete

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by jostree, Wednesday 29th Jul, 2015.

1. jostree Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Portugal jostree Lisboa
    Hello I have an old cassette radio in my honda do you know if it is possible to connect an aux audio cable adapter?

Obrigado.

829111711_9_644x461_honda-accord-20i-vtec-_rev001.

2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Chunkylover53 likes this.
  3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Is there an AUX button on there at all?

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You can get tape player aux adapters. Its a tape with a lead connected to it.

5. jostree Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Portugal jostree Lisboa
    Not at front, i'm think perhaps in back of the radio

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yeah there maybe one bud, one way of finding out :Wink:

7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I have the same stereo you have one main option which is to buy a Tape aux converter which is what I use, I would recommend trying to find Philips one as they are the best quality, my one is going strong after 4 years.

htt p://IOMAX Car Cassette Adapter - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Otherwise yes there is a pin connector at the back, I bought two cables and neither of them seem to go in properly on a donor tape I tried, but I will be trying it on a live stereo sometime next 2 weeks.

http://CAR STEREO 8-PIN M-BUS CABLE CORD TO 3.5MM MINI JACK AUX IN MP3 For ALPINE RADIO | eBay

Chunkylover53 and SpeedyGee like this.
  8. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Are you keeping that one because of nostalgic reason? Isn't it far more easier to switch that unit for something recent? You might find secondhand stuff for 20 euro, or new for 90 euro?
    Pioneer, Kenwood, Blaupunkt.... You know them.

9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    It might just be more convenient to keep the original. It's a great unit which produces very good sound.

Personally speaking I kept mine mainly because I don't want a faceoff stereo where I have to carry a brick around with me all the time, with a fitted tape deck worth 99p no one is going to nick it and then you don't need to resoldier lots of wires to get the amp and sub working again.

Duc de Pommfrit likes this.
  10. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@exec hit the nail on the head. My uncles used the cassette aux converters for over 10 years now with no issues.

11. jostree Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Portugal jostree Lisboa

I whant to keep it because i don´t whant carry the forward of the radio, and the radio LED simulates the alarm that i don´t have in the car.
    I know what I'l do, to be able to listen some music from a pen, I will buy a transmitter for the radio.

JPG_87ae13528969782ca2afe1b29b80b2e8.

12. jostree Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Portugal jostree Lisboa

13. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Those are good alternative although they don't always work reliably or last very long.

14. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They are nowhere as good as FM quality audio and with pirate radio stations its hard to find empty frequencies. Cassette/aux converter is much better.

15. jostree Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Portugal jostree Lisboa
    I ended up buying the tape connecting aux has an excellent sound.

IMG_20150803_090745.

16. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    The only bad thing about the tape adaptor is you can sometimes get interference from speed cameras etc.

17. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Just to update on this I tried this yesterday with the 8 pin din connector, it does not work, for starters the pin holes are smaller than your regular 8pin din sockets, secondly there is big fat warning tape on it saying the 8pin din socket is only for the Honda cd changer.

18. demian New Member Getting Started

Were you nevertheless able to fit the plug properly? And to what audio source did you connect the other end?

I remember reading somewhere that the Alpine M-Bus should fit if you bend two of the pins (I think the ones @ 7 and 5 o'clock) slightly.

19. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Nope the plug would not go in all the way, it went in about 1/3 of the way, but the pins on the lead are too fat, even if it did go in I don't think it would do anything as there is no way to select the source and there is no control board to transfer output from device back to stereo. I plugged it into my phone to playback audio/music, the cable was 8pin din to 3.5mm heapdhone jack.

20. demian New Member Getting Started

I'm assuming you pressed the Tape/CD button? That should toggle between the tape deck and the changer port.

Edit: Some say a Yatour interface for Alpine M-Bus should work on the 2SA1 too.