Civic Radio interference

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dan_henderson86, Tuesday 25th Aug, 2015.

1. Dan_henderson86 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dano Darwen
    I've just replaced the fuse so the cigarette lighter works for a iPhone charger. Since replacing this there is a interference with the radio signal. Is this just a bad earth and a easy fix or something totally different. I'm assuming the previous owner had a after market stereo, so could they have change wiring around that could cause the issue.

2. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Why did you need to replace the fuse? Was it for a lower-rated one that was more appropriate for the iPhone charger?

Try putting the old one back in to see if the problem clears.

3. Dan_henderson86 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The lighter wasn't working and I checked the fuse and it had blown.

4. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Take the new fuse back out and see if the interference gets fixed.

5. Dan_henderson86 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If I take the fuse it the problem will be fixed but the lighter won't work same as before!!!

6. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    But it would definitely prove that the interference is somehow related to the lighter socket... then you could investigate further. At present, you don't appear to have ruled out coincidence!

7. Dan_henderson86 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well I've noticed when the charger isn't in then the radio works fine until I plug the charger in.

8. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    That does look like the charger is radiating interference then. While this wouldn't surprise me if it's a cheap aftermarket charger, a genuine Apple charger should obviously not cause interference (unless, of course, it's developed a fault?)

Is it a genuine Apple charger? Can you try another one?

It may also be worth seeing if the cigarette lighter itself works OK, just to rule out an earth fault.