ICE & HFT Radio jumps station, then station invades preset channel buttons.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by maurice, Wednesday 23rd Oct, 2013.

1. maurice Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi All,
    I drive an '03 plate Honda Accord 2.0 Exec, fitted with a CD shuttle stereo radio combination. I have a rather annoying problem, and hope someone can advise me. I usually listen to Absolute Radio while driving to and from work. For the past month or so, the radio station jumps to Radio Jackie, and I then have to push the "seek" button to get back to Absolute Radio. This isn't always a safe thing to do in traffic, so I tried retuning all the preset channels to Absolute Radio, so I could just push the channel button on the steering wheel. Sometimes this works, but mostly the radio jumps back to Radio jackie, and the preset button also becomes tuned to Radio jackie. This jumping can happen every few seconds, depending where I am, and is noticeable worse in the Teddington area. I have tried turning off the alerts etc, not sure if I did it correctly, but it didn't have any influence at all.
    Please help, I know Absolute Radio isn't the best, but Radio Jackie....!!! Thanks goodness for CD's...
    Thanks
    M

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Sounds like you have an aerial issue, which is causing poor signal so head unit tried to retune itself.

Also I have noticed these lots of Radio channels are crammed in together, with only small frequency differences between them, that doesn't help when you have such issues.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I love absolute radio 80's I am always listening to that on my iphone or at home nothing wrong with the station at all.

As for radio station jumping off that should not happen regardless of poor aerial connection never seen that happen before, however what I can gather AR is not in your preset and RJ is just drop off RJ and add AR to the preset so if you hop to cd's you can scroll back to your favourite station.

4. nduli Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I also have this issue occasionally. Happens on xfm ( get me I'm down with the kids) and bbc radio Manchester, its held the signal all the way into leeds before now whilst listening to the football late one night and then again I can be sat at home in bury and then preset jumps to bbc stoke. Given the time and money i have spent at HH over the last 2 years I am not surprised it defaults to stoke occasionally but it is frustrating and intermittent. I do notice that it mainly happen when the car is full of ppl. Any ideas?

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Im still convinced it's down to radio stations transmitting on same frequency. So you'll normally experience it when travelling on the motorway between one county and another, the radio just switches over to a stronger signal from another station on the same frequency.

6. nduli Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'd 100% agree if it wasn't for the fact that I get bbc stoke in north Manchester a circa 70mile distance....fortunately its an irregular occurrence. The xfm issue is most likely to be a weak signal and bouncing off the hills near the village I live in but can be annoying trying to get it tuned in 4 or 5 attempts and some choice language :Aghast:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is because they (HH) have done a Auto scan and memorised the stations for you when the car was in for a service, if the battery was disconnected they have to retune the radio.

So it regardless of the distance its doing its job or memorising the station, they can't auto an auto scan for Manchester based radios stations from Stoke :Wink:

Just do a auto scan and memory then custom saves to your own stations.

8. maurice Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Strange thing lately, as the weather has gotten colder, the "radio station jumping" occurs less and less. I leave early for work, around 6.30am so get very low temps, this morning was 2 degrees C and I didn't have any troubles. Maybe an arial connection problem? Contracts in the cold, giving a tighter fit? I am still lost with this, but we will see when the weather warms up again!
    Many Thanks