ICE & HFT Radio Presets not tuning in

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by accordsedan, Monday 26th Mar, 2012.

1. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I saved 6 FM presets on my radio and when I go back to select them either on the touch screen or on the steering wheel control they don't tune in and the message PI SEEK comes up on the top LCD display. There is nothing in the manual that refers to what PI SEEK is?? Also, if I use the seek function, the stations tunes in fine, or if i manually tune in, no problem. so its not a reception issue. So in a nutshell, once I've saved the said stations into the preset for some reason the radio struggles to lock back onto them. Anyone experienced this issue before? I have put a pic up of the message. I have a sat nav system btw.

Attached Files:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Bud,

the only thing I can think off at the moment is under the dash where the fuses are look at the Number 6 fuse it is a 10 Amp one. remove check it for breaks replace it then reseat it. Then pre-set the radio stations and then save it ,remove the key from the ignition and see the radio stations you saved earlier are are saved.

if not then the entire HVAC \sat nav screen module will need changing.

3. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

since retuning and saving the presets again they all selected fine this morning!! very strange. I wouldn't mind checking my aerial connection on the back window.... How do i access it ? which trim / panel do i need to remove. thanks

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    see the rear glass you find the connectors remove clean and reseat them . if it hard to come off don't apply too much force..gently does it.

5. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i can't see where the connectors are.. are they behind a panel that has the airbag button on it?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Take a picture of your rear Large glass from the inside post it here. whilst taking it look toward the edges you will find it.

7. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

here are some pics. I'm sorry but i still can't see the connectors, hope I'm not being dumb!!

IMG_1364. IMG_1365. IMG_1366. IMG_1367. IMG_1368.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ok on image "IMG_1368.jpg" the top three bars with the small centre line that is the radio window antenna lines. so in the rear nearside remove that panel and look for the lead connector.

In Image "IMG_1366.jpg" the side curtain airbag logo with a flat screw driver gently pull that outwards . best disconnect the battery just in case..

9. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

okay ill take a look. Im not gonna set the airbag off am I? lol

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    lol if you bang hard enough yeah it will deploy.. not funny seriously you will be fine.

11. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok i removed panel and checked connection, pushed it in to make sure, all seemed fine. The issue i had with the presets has still not come back since yesterday so fingers crossed its sorted itself. Still got no TMC, but have read through the other thread for that.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good to hear the airbag didn't deploy ...:Wink:

13. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

haha yes. i kinda did it at arms length lol

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I can just visualise the look on your face....