ICE & HFT Radio stuck on one channel

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by mcgowanp, Wednesday 24th Aug, 2016.

1. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all. Having an issue today with my radio. Its the std honda radio. Its stuck on one channel and cannot be changed.seek buttons etc do not work while i fm mode. Other media works fine ..should i disconnect fuse and reset? Any ever seen anything like this?
    Many thanks

2. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Update:Couldn't figure out what happened here or how to resolve through the display so just pulled the negative off the battery ,re-entered the security code and this reset the radio. Seems to be fully functional again now..i will monitor it for a bit and see how it goes .

Zebster likes this.
  3. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Phew!

4. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Did the same thing today so had a look in the manual..which i should have done initially once i figured out the symptons .looks like its the RDS setting..more specifically the news setting. Once that is set to 'on' it locks onto news channels i think ..as there was only one news RDS channel available in my area ...i presume thats why i appeared to be locked out..
    Resolution go to menu button..RDS settings..news setting from on to off.
    Hopefully that sorts that.

Nels likes this.