Announcement Rank Titles and Premium Members

Discussion in 'Club Announcements & News' started by DeviateDefiant, Sunday 23rd Mar, 2014.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    As everyone is no doubt aware, we've been slowly putting together our new ranking system over the past week. The idea is that members who contribute more on the site, are recognised as such and given more permissions/freedoms within the community. This has been a long-time coming, one of the big benefits is that it stops abuse from new members, and encourages people to participate to become regular "Club Members", whom are also eligible for discounts with our sponsors (more info soon), and then of course beyond that to the top ranks.

The biggest change with the new ranking system is "Premium Members", we're in a position right now of needing to invest in new merchandise, stickers and start other more long-term plans that require capital in getting the club where we want it to be. Hopefully over time we'll be able to slowly roll out new features based on whatever money we get in as a club.

Without further adieu, below we've listed the new permissions per rank, these may be adjusted over time. We've done our best to test out all of the permissions, but please speak up if you run into any issues:

Standard Member Ranks
    These ranks are automatically applied based on your current amount of posts, to stop people from abusing this feature and from spamming to try and achieve a new rank, we've also added time constraints before new ranks can be obtained.

hondakarma.com 2014-3-23 8 56 28.

Special Ranks
    Special Ranks are automatically eligible for all the previous benefits given to the highest standard rank and require manual application by the staff, or for a Supporter/Trader rank, a payment to help support the club.

hondakarma.com 2014-3-23 8 56 47.

1. Traders are never able to edit their posts in the interest of transparency. Advised to be extra wary of typos before posting.
    2. Traders are not allowed to advertise to members using the message system, they are allowed to discuss deals once approached.
    3. Traders are allowed to use discreet branded images, but are not allowed to use giant fonts sizes, bold and bright invasive text or link directly to off-site stores. We will pull you up if we believe you've stepped over a line.

The Evangelists
    We also have a special awarded VIP medal known as the "Evangelists". Member's with this award have access to a special hidden section with insider Honda gossip and a lax rule set. Only moderators, admins and club affiliates (such as Holdcroft Honda) have access to this without being manually granted access. It's where many of us discuss privately about things we may not want on the open board, or insider information that isn't allowed to be made public.

6_1394440256l.

The award is given to long-time members who have consistantly gone above and beyond for the club and its members.​

John Dickson, Mikey D, Mike c and 3 others like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Gents if you have any queries surround this and need more clarity on a one to one basis please feel to send any of the admin team a PM. Members interested to find out more about our Special Ranks.

On the top right nav bar click your username you will be presented with this menu.

Click on Account upgrades
    Account.PNG

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Just a quick thank you to the members who have already helped out and brought Premium Membership, it's truly appreciated by both myself and @Ichiban. We're already half way there to having enough for our first bulk stickers/decals order.

Toggerefc, SpeedyGee and AccordCU2 like this.
  4. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    You can't do enough for a good club!
    Mike c

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Some may call me tight.
    I say I'm careful how I spend my hard earned cash.
    It's a no-brainer to support Honda Karma :Hey:

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I've made a revision to the listed permissions above, all members ranked "Senior Member", "Valued Contributor" or "Top Contributor" can edit their own posts for 24 hours instead of just 10 minutes to correct typos, "Expert Advisor" may still edit indefinitely.

7. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    Any update on the stickers guys? :Wink:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    its in the pipeline mate.. soon enough.

bijomaru likes this.
  9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

How do we make payment for Premium Membership? Is it only PayPal or can we use Credit/debit cards?

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

See post 2 by CJ Mick.Click on account upgrades and follow instructions.I used Pay Pal,can't remember is there an option to pay by debit card.
    If you having trouble PM CJ or DD.They might be able to help you more.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    PayPal is preferred mate , add your credit /debit card to your PayPal profile and you are good to go.

Toggerefc likes this.
  12. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ok mucca thanks. I'll look at it later

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

We have just had a member who wanted to become a Premium Member and not use PayPal, if that's the case for anyone else just drop me or CJ a PM and we'll get something sorted.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Cheques can be accepted but still prefer people to use the online method.

15. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Hi,
    Probably not the most appropriate place to ask but: I thought that Premium club supporters did not have adverts posted? I get Tapatalk adverts when viewing the site. Also have the club stickers been released yet.
    Mike c

16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

The prompt for mobile users to view the site using Tapatalk? That's just a notice to say that people can browse the site using it instead of having to use their mobile web browser. People find it useful as you also get mobile notifications too.

Stickers are coming shortly, final amendments being made before ordering at the moment. I'll keep the merchandise thread updated as things progress :Smile: