Electrical & Lights Rapid Clicking Noise

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by naz1612, Friday 22nd Feb, 2013.

1. naz1612 New Member Getting Started

Hi all.....newbie here.

I have a 2005 I-CTDI. Driving home today I was changing the heating settings and vent positions. Soon after I began to hear a rapid clicking noise (sound is more akin to those mini air compressors). I switched the heating system off but noise persisted. Once I had switched the engine off the noise continued until I took the key out.

When inserting the key and turning to the on position (without the engine starting) the clicking noise starts and last for 30 seconds or so. When the engine is started the clicking resumes and is continuous. Opening the bonnet it appears to be coming from near the O/S headlamp / air con compressor area but cannot see anything obvious. Does anyone have any ideas? Would appreciate any assistance.

Cheers
    Naz

2. Toyo New Member Getting Started

Hi,

You may find it's the light levelling motor, you'll see the coupling plugs into it by the light unplug it to see if the noise stops.
    HTH

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Yes, good suggestion by Toyo, does sound like a head light levelling motor.

I had one fail on a Mazda6 many years back, gave exactly the symptoms you have described.

4. naz1612 New Member Getting Started

Thanks for the tip Toyo - this was the exact problem.

Was out there last night in the freezing cold trying to get the darn connector off the motor but eventually got it off and this solved the issue.

Any idea how easy / expensive to replace the motor? Just getting the electrical connector was a job and a half so would imagine not an easy job to replace.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Not sure about the Accord but to solve the same issue on my Mazda6 it needed a complete headlight replacement. Luckily it was under warranty.